Advertisement

Quake 3(works! but problem)

Started by April 09, 2004 01:16 AM
12 comments, last by eedok 20 years, 5 months ago
I did some more looking around based on what your log showed. It seems that it''s commonly caused by misconfiguring the DRM built into the kernel (and/or by a bug in early 4.2.x XFree86 releases, but that''s not applicable). If you built your kernel yourself, look into that. Otherwise, try upgrading your kernel and, if it persists, either look into how it was built or ask whoever is responsible to do something along those lines. Apparently (from a Red Hat discussion I ran across), not many people with ATI Rage 128 cards use DRI, so such issues can go unnoticed for a while.

quote: Original post by Null and Void
I did some more looking around based on what your log showed. It seems that it''s commonly caused by misconfiguring the DRM built into the kernel (and/or by a bug in early 4.2.x XFree86 releases, but that''s not applicable). If you built your kernel yourself, look into that. Otherwise, try upgrading your kernel and, if it persists, either look into how it was built or ask whoever is responsible to do something along those lines. Apparently (from a Red Hat discussion I ran across), not many people with ATI Rage 128 cards use DRI, so such issues can go unnoticed for a while.

Well I just installed slackware, and it''s having the same thing.. Forgive my linux noobness showing through here, but is there anyway to just upgrade 1 part of the kernel without recompiling the whole thing?
Advertisement
Not really. And "The whole thing" is hardly anything.

Kernel compiles take only a few (less than 10) minutes here.
quote: Original post by Null and Void

how do I put DRM into the kernel?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement