visual c# .net '03 vs. visual studio . net '03?

Started by
2 comments, last by Inkog 20 years ago
Has Anyone here used both and can give me a good opinion on the packages? Is there any reason to spend the extra $700 bucks for VS03? I''ve been using #develop but I find it just isn''t quite up to my needs. It still has a lot of bugs/quirks that hamper my workflow. I had a 90 day trial of VS03 and loved it, but I never used most of the freatures, so I figured c# standard 03 would fit the bill (not to mention $90 hurts a LOT less on the poocket book vs. $800). Any opinions?
Advertisement
I think what it really comes down to is whether or not you want to program in languages other than C#. If you are only going to do C#, get VC#. If you want to do C++, J#, VB.NET, etc., get the full package.

P.S. (& OT) - IMHO, Java is just as good as C# and costs nothing (Personally, I like Java better, but objectively they are about the same). Use Eclipse or Netbeans for your IDE, Blender for 3D content, Gimp for images, and other free tools for anything else. Heck, you could even use Linux for a free OS. You also get cross platform development practically for free with Java.
VS .NET might also contain some web application development stuff that wouldn''t be present in just VC#, but if you''re just making stand-alone applications, it''s not necessary.
The full VS package is well worth the money.

Especially if you only paid $30 for it (thanks, student edition).

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement