19 Hours to go...

Started by
22 comments, last by Boku San 19 years, 11 months ago
Alright...so here I am, sitting in my damned lonely room, all by my damned lonely self, sleepy as hell... I''ve been awake for the past 29 hours, and now I''m completely out of stuff to do. I tried going outside a bit, ride around on my bike some, but I nearly fell asleep when I got back in, so that''s pretty much out. Mainly been playing video games (movies are the devil if you don''t want sleep) and talking to friends. So far, I LANned a bit of Diablo II with a friend, got two levels on City of Heroes, and beat Resident Evil 3''s Mercenary Mode with a decent score with Nikolai...and I''m STILL out of stuff to do. I know, this is just rambling on and on and on, but it''s keeping me awake. Uhh...anybody else ever tried going for long periods of time without any kind of stimulant (normal diet...aka no coffee)? Went from sleeping for 12 hours to not sleeping for...I think 48. I need to get somebody to check my time. I think my right side is falling asleep. I need help. And food. And to kill the level 40 Devouring Earth. Talk about whatever...I need...to keep...stimulated. Any suggestions on how to stay up? I''m gonna go play cards and watch Kill Bill v. 1...at least that won''t put me to sleep. "TV IS bad Meatwad...but we f***in need it" If you''re a girl under the age of 12, and you''re high on marijuana...don''t ride your bike. -TRUTH
Things change.
Advertisement
You never explained why there are 19 hours left.

---------------------------------------------
insert flashy image here
quote:Original post by nes8bit
You never explained why there are 19 hours left.

---------------------------------------------
insert flashy image here

Why not? 48 is a nice number.
I''ve stayed up for 100+ hours at one time. I used some caffeine going into 75 hours. I got sick after about 55 hours. Everything seemed surreal at about 60 hours. It seemed like I was watching myself outside of my body, very strange feeling. Hitting 80 hours, I couldn''t think straight, lose train of thought, etc. At about 100 or so hours, I literally passed out. Not of will, I just passed out. During these hours of staying awake, I was doing everything I normally do every day. I moved very slow, fell down the stairs a few times, extreme lack of coordination. But it was a good time, I don''t think I could do it right now again. After I passed out, i was out for like 17 hours, I woke up only to eat, piss, and go back to sleep for several more hours.

I hate that feeling you get when you have had no sleep. For some reason food taste really strange when you haven''t slept too.
Well, last week I stayed up for... 72 hours straight. Then 72 more hours with only 4 hours of sleep. so 140 waking hours with 4 sleeping hours. By the next week I was getting back to normal (6-8 hours of sleep per night).

It wasn't by choice, I might add. Had some major emotional stuff, stress, stuff like that, and I got sick. Anyways, it wasn't fun at all. Man it was hard not to be just a total jackass to everyone.

But I don't ever need help staying awake. It just comes naturally, unfortunately. So I can't help you there. Do pushups or something.

So, no reason for this stunt?

[edited by - Avatar God on May 29, 2004 11:22:17 PM]
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
I didn't have any trouble thinking straight, or with physical stuff. But I just had too much on my mind. Never been quite so, well, hurt in my life.

//edit. I wouldn't suggest my method, though. Not worth it.

[edited by - Avatar God on May 29, 2004 11:23:51 PM]
haha i remeber staying up for 48 hours...except i had a reason, night before robotics competition programming the robots, very intersting
quote:Original post by Squirell
haha i remeber staying up for 48 hours...except i had a reason, night before robotics competition programming the robots, very intersting
lol. Well, we''ve all done stuff like that.
You guys are full of shit. I''ve been awake for a couple of days before and I was sleeping/dreaming with my eyes open. Now thats a weird feeling.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement