19 Hours to go...

Started by
22 comments, last by Boku San 19 years, 11 months ago
Seriously, man. I don''t get much sleep when I stress. There''s nothing I can do about, it just happens. Same when I''m sick. I''ve just gotten used to it, and I can deal with it.

Don''t join the fucking Marines, man. You''d kill yourself in the Crucible. Three days of intense work with about four hours of sleep.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Just do what I do - lie on your bed, and start lucid dreaming without realizing you''ve fallen asleep, and wake up. You don''t even feel like you were ever asleep!
quote:Original post by Avatar God
Don''t join the fucking Marines, man. You''d kill yourself in the Crucible. Three days of intense work with about four hours of sleep.

Personally, I''d kill myself rather than join the marines. To each their own I suppose.
Well, I''m not planning on joining the Marines, either. I''m just saying...
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Can''t you do permanent damage to your brain by staying awake for too long? I seem to remember the world-record holder going completely insane after staying up for over a week. He died not too long afterwards.

Brien Smith-MartinezGarbage In, Games Out

MindEngine Development | E-Commerce Business Architecture
quote:Original post by Brien Shrimp
Can''t you do permanent damage to your brain by staying awake for too long? I seem to remember the world-record holder going completely insane after staying up for over a week. He died not too long afterwards.

Um, no. But, I do believe you can get brain damage from too much sleep.
-Yo, I couldn''t think of anything else for my sig.TobiasA+, Linux+
I can''t stay awake for long if I have stimulants like caffine, the withdrawl is just too exhausting. I stayed awake for 60 hours once, not sleeping overnight, going to Ozzfest the next day, and not sleeping the next night. Then when I got home I slept for about 18 hours.

I am an agnostic Jehovah''s Witness. I knock on people''s doors, but I''m not sure why.
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
I broke my record less than a week ago: 117 hours. I advise against it.

I had a lot of coffee to support me but it soon became the one thing between me and sleep. After 40-50 hours, I started having vivid hallucinations: webs all over the place. They were kind of like floaters, only much worse. I felt them sometimes; it was pretty freaky. After about 80-90 hours, I was no longer coherant and even ended up attacking a sock on my bed violently with a fencing sword because I thought it was a huge spider. By the time I went to sleep, I was drifting in a happy place where everything seemed allright. I could barely hold my own anymore and people on IRC pretty much forced me to go to bed.

It''s an experience. Not a very fun one, but a cool one nevertheless. ^^;
quote:Original post by RuneLancer
I broke my record less than a week ago: 117 hours. I advise against it.

I had a lot of coffee to support me but it soon became the one thing between me and sleep. After 40-50 hours, I started having vivid hallucinations: webs all over the place. They were kind of like floaters, only much worse. I felt them sometimes; it was pretty freaky. After about 80-90 hours, I was no longer coherant and even ended up attacking a sock on my bed violently with a fencing sword because I thought it was a huge spider. By the time I went to sleep, I was drifting in a happy place where everything seemed allright. I could barely hold my own anymore and people on IRC pretty much forced me to go to bed.

It''s an experience. Not a very fun one, but a cool one nevertheless. ^^;

Hallucinations due to lack of sleep is common in the army. Lucky I''d never been in a situation like that. But many friends of mine have. Allways while standing guard in the middle of the night.

Things my friends have seen (All in the middle of the forest):

- A supermarket sign
- Someone doing the moonwalk
- A dog that transformed into something...

and then other things happen due to lack of sleep like when my friend had gotten an hour of sleep and then had to go to the foxhole guarding the guy already there asked him while he was late so he replied: "They tried this new weapon on me, that''s why I''m late" then he started wondering what exactly he was saying.

There are more really crazy stories, but I''ve forgotten them(Atleast can''t remember them now)

/MindWipe

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement