Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What games are you into now?

Started by Jim Adams Jun 22, 2004 at 10:14 AM 69 replies 8.6k views
Original Post
Jim Adams
Jim Adams
Another thread that may pop its head up once in a while... So, what games are you currently in to? Any system, console, etc. I'm still totally into DDR - XBox, PS2, PC, etc. I like going to the local movie theater and showing those kids what this white boy can do on that game ;) Just finished up Pitfall and Sphinx on the XBox, and dusted off Dynasty Warriors 4 for a bit. Bookworm fills up the slow times and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Tony Hawk 4 * THUG are still fun to play. Picked up PsiOps, Knights of the Old Republic, and Prince of Persia.. Hopefully they'll all be great. How about you?
Tron3k
Tron3k
I've been playing:

Red Alert 2

Bontago - you've got to check this out

Knight Online - Free MMORPG!
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
pan narrans
pan narrans
Actually, I just finished replaying Half Life and its excellent add-on They Hunger. I recently got a third joypad so I've been playing a lot of multiplayer Gamecube (Mario Kart, Super Monkey Ball, TimeSplitters 2, Soul Calibur II).

Before Half Life I replayed Monkey Island 1 + 2 on my laptop. Ah, the nostalgia [grin]
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
acraig
acraig
Just picked up the 'Collection' for Morrowind that includes Bloodmoon and Tribunal. It's a different sort of game in that you are very free to do whatever you want.

========
Andrew
mittens
mittens
Let's see... I'm a reviewer for FileFront, so I play a TON of games. Right now, my "hobby game" is Unreal Tournament 2004 and all of its GREAT mods (especially Frag.Ops).

Other than that, I just beat The Suffering (great fun), Manhunt (fun for an hour or two) and Battlefield: Vietnam (a lot of fun, but if you've worn out BF1942, it'll only keep you glued for a week or so).

Over the next couple weeks, I'll be playing Soldiers: Heroes of WWII (looks AMAZING), Ground Control 2, and Driv3r.
Leffe
Leffe
Thief III, as fun as ever :)
__Daedalus__
__Daedalus__
I have been playing Uru on the PC but it is far too difficult. Currently playing Midnight Nowhere which is quite good. I'm thinking of getting The Suffering if my laptop can play it [wow]
boolean
boolean
Been playing Ninha gaiden on the xbox quite a bit. Im totally addicted to Rallysport challenge 2 at the moment (xbox aswell). OMG THAT GAME IS SWEET! Its by far the best racing game ive ever played (v8 supercars 2 in at second)
garconbifteck
garconbifteck
Got a few games last week, Far Cry looks lovely but is fairly average. Still great fun with my new 5.1 setup, my headphones with only output to the left ear were becoming...kind of unbearable.

Viking Invasion is ace too, should've bought it ages ago.

Had a little LAN party with mates at the weekend too, so played plenty of CoD and WarCraft III: pwned everyone on the latter and consistently came in 2nd/3rd in the former :).

Alpha_ProgDes
Alpha_ProgDes
it's funny.
i've been mysteriously attracted to the classic games as of late.
my favorite game right now is.... PacMan.
also i play Pole Position.

nothing really captures my attention like it used too.
i'm too busy doing things like "this game would be better if it had X, Y, and Z." or saying "why didn't they put [insert features here] in the game?"

maybe i'm too deep into fantasizing about "better" games.
but i refuse to play Warcraft 3, while in school.
i'll fail [smile]
Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.  
Diodor
Diodor
Netrek. Free online multi-player squad-based action/strategy game. It's everything Counterstrike would have liked to be. Most players there have played it for years and years, and I can certainly understand why.

I tried to play Netrek Hockey once (a Netrek variation), and they told me I need at least two years worth of Bronco experience (main Netrek style) before I can get to play hockey. I think I'll try hockey again one of these days (after like six months of Bronco ;)
ApochPiQ
ApochPiQ
X² as always... brilliant game. I'll probably be playing it for years.

For my stress-relief needs I play a bit of Enemy Territory and I'm thinking of picking up Call of Duty when the expansion pack comes out. What I've played of it was very enjoyable.
Ekim_Gram
Ekim_Gram
I'm a reviewer for vg-force so I get a free game every 3 months (more will add up). Most of them are from Midway...I'm supposed to get MLB: Slugfest Loaded soon

Right now I'm replaying The Suffering (game still scares the shit outa me), Dynasty Warriors 4 is a once in a while, great game at first but it can get old. Battlefield: 1942 is my hobby game right now. Gotta love it [smile]
Samith
Samith
Quote:
Original post by AnonymousPosterChild
EV: Nova


How many f'ing equipment/spy saving runs do I have to do? That game was fun until the stupid federation mind controlled me into doing menial task for the rebellion only to ruin them. Grr :(

Anyway, I like playing GTA3 and Vice City on my PS2, doing the missions is fun.
Feral
Feral
Just picked up Crimsonland (google it), fun little mindless shootum up. Very well done, I thinks.

Neverwinter Nights I've played into the ground. Not that I like the D&D rules but severly lacking a nice RPG currently.

Unreal Tournment 2004 I play daily with me Dad, almost exclusivly Onslaught.

Prince of Persia can rot still.. end of first level boss annoyed me enough .. well controlling mr prince in that fight annoyed me enough to find a different game to play.

Command and Concure: Generals .. got flustrated with the last few missions on all the campaigns.

Morrowind I've played into the turf.. waiting a bit more before I put it on the drive again.. hoping I'll forget a at least some of the dialog/plot.

Hum, Need for Speed.. might have to put that on here.. I miss the old Test Drive games though much more fun to just go driving off some place than a silly race game, ah well.
AndreTheGiant
AndreTheGiant
Is neverwinter nights good?

I need a new RPG. The last one I played was Baldurs Gate. I liked it a lot but its pretty old now.

I read a review of Neverwinter nights over at Gamespot. They gave it a really high rating, but their review was just listing all the bad stuff about it. It discouraged me from buying it.

The worst thing they said about it is that it gets easier as you play it, instead of harder. I would hate that. It would be so boring.
Kaezin
Kaezin
If you want a new RPG you should look into Knights of the Old Republic. It's got some crazy style plot twists, too.
Half the people you know are below average.Trogdor the Burninator

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.