Original Post
Hi everyone (forget about my bad english), I've just finished my 3D game engine and I'm now looking at making an indy game. I'm not aiming at a really big game with wonderful graphics and dolby surround sound, I just want to make a fun game. I've alwais been a fan of The Settlers (the first and the second only) and these kind of games, and I would like to make my own. Do you think people would play a strategy game where you must develop your village but cannot start big wars ? Is war necessary to make this game interesting ? I've started a design document with some interesting ideas (map will be made of an heightmap mapped on a sphere, etc...) but I wonder what features you would like to see in this kind of game... Tell me if you've got specials wishes :) About the war part, it's not part of the gameplay for the moment, and I don't know if I must add it... If so, how would it be designed ? War in that kind of strategy games have alwais been poorly designed, just take a look at the settlers serie or 1602 & 1503 games... Any advices are welcome ! Thanks for reading. Chman