Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Hazard Ball - Updates

Started by Genaside Jul 13, 2004 at 3:08 PM 10 replies 2.5k views
Original Post
Genaside
Genaside
Greets all! Just over a month ago I released Hazard Ball! The demo has been updated and in addition I have made a special offer! A discount of 33% for the full game. Please feel free to leave your comments here (about the game or website, etc..) as I would really like to hear from you! Thanks :) Chris.
- click an image to enlarge -
for more info and screenshots please visit the site: www.hazardball.com
Woodsman
Woodsman
I didn't have a lot of time to play, so I ran through the tutorial, and I must really say wow. Such a simple concept, executed so perfectly. That's really a fun game you've made there.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
antareus
antareus
I absolutely love it! It is a lot of fun and quick to pick up and play. Great work, I anticipate registering shortly.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Deranged
Deranged
If i had 10 dollars to my name i would buy it :(.
Genaside
Genaside
I'm really glad you like the demo, thanks a lot for adding your comments!

antareus: I highly appreciate your support, thank you!
DerAnged: maybe sometime in the future? ;)

Thanks..

Did everyone manage to finish the demo allright?
Qa303asmGuru
Qa303asmGuru
Genaside I have to say, with each release HB just keeps getting funner and funner. The demo level that was similar to a ski slope put a big smile on my face, very fun! The other levels are superbly designed. I'm also glad that you balanced out the damage taken when hitting certain things, and I don't get sucked into fire or electric hazards anymore. :)

I'll probably replace the music files with some of the old songs that I liked much better (remember the level 5 music of release...7 I think it was?). Believe RMX is still one of my all time favorite techno songs!

I'll definetly be ordering the game sometime next week before the sale ends. I know how much time and effort you've put into it and you definetly deserve some compensation for making such a fun game!

-Q
enteherife
enteherife
rhgjhgjafhgfjghajghiu this pos computer adfhaf. ive tried like 4 other peoples amazing-looking games only to get stupid japanese runtime errors -.-. this comp is crap
Genaside
Genaside
QA: Thanks :D The levels were a lot of fun to create - even though it took me so long to do them. You may find that the other music wont play in this version, this is because the believe song was in XM format and now Hazard Ball will only play s3m format. I also really like that music track..

mxma1: I dont really understand your post, can you please clarify and I will try to help with your problems,

Cheers!
enteherife
enteherife
I'm in Japan right now, away from my beautiful Alienware. I'm on this like 10 year old laptop that is all Japanese so NOTHING runs on it except AIM. I've tried so many other games that people posted on this forum that look amazing but they all have DirectX problems (I installed 9.0c) and other stuff.
Genaside
Genaside
mxma1: Can you identify the error as a DirectX error?

1st thing you need to check is if you have downloaded the ZIP that you are extracting all the files properly. (and do not run the exe from the archive). Or you could try the installer version?

2nd try running "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" by clicking on STAT->RUN then type dxdiag and press return. Do all the Display / Sound / Input tests to make sure everything is ok.

3rd is to make sure your display driver is up to date.

Hope to help you resolve the problem, please let me know how it goes from there.

Japan sounds nice :)
enteherife
enteherife
Thanks for the help but I can't do the tests because everything is in Japanese and I can't figure out the name of the video...whatever this computer uses (I don't even want to know how bad the built-in graphics this thing must have) because once again...everything is in Japanese. Sucks that I can't get out and chase hot japanese girls because there's a typhoon but HarzardBall would be nice right now ^^. (By the way, yes I installed it correctly, it runs but when I try to start any sort of game I get the illegal operation message).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.