Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I have microsoft visual c++ but lost cd key

Started by alinas Jul 21, 2004 at 1:09 PM 5 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
alinas
alinas
I have microsoft visual c++ but i formated my comp and i have to reinstall microsoft visual c++ but i lost the cd key anybody have extra im so mad!!!
psamty10
psamty10
If you call MS up with your registration information, theyll be only too happy to provide you with a CD key
Cor-Bob
Cor-Bob
don't they attach the cd key to the box? and you lost this, if i were to spend that much money on something, i'd probably keep track of it.
Toolmaker
Toolmaker
I usually keep my boxes around, and even better, I usually put the CD into my CD case. I have 2 "Case logic" 24CD cases in which I put my CDs. 1 for applications, such as Word, Windows, Visual Studio, etc. In front of the CDs I put a small white square note with the CD key on it. That way, I have the CD-key in 2 places.

Toolmaker
 
cycyber
cycyber
Just a thought, maybe you've downloaded a backup / illegal copy of visual c++ and want us to give you a serial?
v71
v71
This will strongly put your rating down this is asking for a cd key, after dowloading the entire development ide.
Fruny
Fruny
A few days ago, you were crying for a free C++ compiler you could download, and now you say you have MSVC but "lost" the CD key...

I think not.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.