Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GBA dev team!

Started by Kalore Aug 7, 2004 at 6:30 PM 13 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
Kalore
Kalore
I'm looking to create a small team of developers to make a small game for GBA. If any of you are interested, please contact me. I have only started graphics, and my lack of programming experience is holding me back from going much further. I'm a one man team at the moment. I'd like to make this a serious endeavor and make it worth anyones while. The game could be based on anything really... RPG's mostly though... If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to discuss anything really. NEEDED: Programmers, 2D artists, MUSIC composers. I believe that is it. If you are interested contact me right away. thank-you for your time.
-Dark Warp-
-Dark Warp-
I am an experienced composer, and I am intersted in this idea. However, there are some things to discuss first.

-I would need to know more about the game...what genre, etc. I work best on RPGs, so that would be ideal. I would also need to know more (story, plans, etc)

-Who do you expect to publish this game?


Basically I am greatly interested, but would need to know a bit, more info before i become involved.

You can hear some of my work at www.squaresound.com/iwarped

Best of Luck.
Kalore
Kalore
ok, the basic idea around this title is:

Its a dark-anime style, played out like Diablo.
that darker days would be perfect for the opener
title. umm.. besides that... it would mostly be darker
and yet sounding light... umm.. that darker days song is
a perfect example of how the atmosphere should feel.

basically.. I want to make the game.. and rouse a
few publishers... if we can get Nintendo to turn their
heads.. then we've done our job.

the game basically takes place in a town called Falroth,
there are gonna be 3-4 different classes... for each race
their is a class... and your job(mission/main-quest) is to
seek the top of mount trayfus which in turn leads you into the
depths of Realm. I have a character set completed.. I just
need to add armor and a weapon to have the first race complete.
the battle system would be like Diablo but it would have the
characteristics of a D&D game.

thats about it for now.. any other questions?
Mikasa
Mikasa
I was interested in your project, however I checked your profile and found that this is the sixth help wanted post you've made for what looks like different projects. What sets this one apart from the others? Could you show some of the graphics that you've made a start on?
-Dark Warp-
-Dark Warp-
Yea, some shots wuold be nice. But before I would start to work on this I would have to see a promising team of prorammers, graphic artists, and all that jazz.
Kalore
Kalore
This whole idea with Falroth once began as a story. The help wanted posts you read were for a branch of stories that were being turned into a MMORPG, but I have other stories that go along with it, and I would like to make a GBA game with the new storyline.

Based on the history of my work, I find that people just aren't reliable for MMORPG's. I have on the other hand completed 2 Game Boy Color games, and won BUNG.hk contests. I still have my flash burner and cards. My old partner left for university. I am very interested still in the development in Game Boy games. I will be setting up a web-site with examples within the next few days for those who are skeptical.

I have a few examples.. but mainly I would be working with the team.. hopefully about 3-5 people.. debating and deciding what we hope to accomplish. Thank you for your interest.
Kalore
Kalore
Well, just another note on the whole 6 different game posts...5 of my threads were for Tales Of Realm which is the MMORPG. My sixth post was for a game idea called Nightmare, but that was just an idea.
Thanks for checking up on me though.
Bulldogracing
Bulldogracing
I am also interested in your ideas for the game you are working on.For the past 7 years and 8 months I have been design doc and detailing my game projects for two main games.But during this time I have designed doc and designed 5 other games but never published them yet.I also enjoy writing rpg design docs.
My group is working on the two main projects I have set up. The first one is a brand new survival horror board game with 100 different occupational characters to choose from adn you can have 16 players play in team,by themselves or in turn based.There is so much details in this game that if you are interested I can give some more details.

The second game is a trading card collection game that is about the fuedal japan,china,and korea era. The game has 25,000 cards and has two main decks and the third deck can be played as a main deck or a trade deck.The cards taht are cut are completed and some details of thecards are complete.I have done the attack and defense system and its complete. The only thing that really needs to be completed is the 300 left of the monster and creature cards and details one which one of our group members is working on, but at this point needs help in any way so we can get the cards comleted.The main art work is important for the game so this is also what I am looking for. (shameless plug sorry) But I would like to say again that I am interested in helping out with your ideas.
BullDogRacing27
darookie
darookie
Quote:
Original post by Bulldogracing
there is something wrong with the main frame to gamedev.net.I would like to appologize for the second post only to reply to the main post once and not twice.I also have seen this incident happen to a few other people to the forum.

You can delete your own posts, too, you know...
-Dark Warp-
-Dark Warp-
hey bulldog, dont go off ranting about the details of your own games in someone elses thread. The readers aren't interested in how many decks of cards you have completed, they are interested in Kalore's team. I know your just interested, but keep your project descriptions to a minimum.

Thanks
Kalore
Kalore
OK,
About the game.

4 characters enter a desolated town. TrayFus, capital of the world. TrayFus has been taken over by the "darkened light" which was created by the Immortal of Death, Essix. Each council of Realm(there are 4, 1 for each race) has sent their strongest hero to help the capital of the world.

The hero must struggle up to the top of Mount Trayfus, the tallest mountain in the world(right beside the city), to ask Sanctity(god of Realm) where the layabouts is of Essix. When the hero gets to the top of Trayfus he/she is greeted by a gang of monsters and a ticket to travel to the depths of Realm to find Essix and stop the Darkened Light.

The games title, simply enough, is "Tales of Realm: Darkened Light" I hope that the details I have given here will really strike some interest. I have a character set completed right now. If you are interested in the project then contact me through MSN or PM me and I will send you the character set.

thanks.

check here for the example I was talking about:

http://www.geocities.com/kylefrider/skin.gif

[Edited by - Kalore on August 9, 2004 7:27:14 PM]
Bulldogracing
Bulldogracing
i appologize dark my bad i just get over excited when talking about games.
BullDogRacing27
Kalore
Kalore
Ok, my MSN is: van_rider@hotmail.com

I'd like to start soon. In fact.. this weekend I am gonna start working on more of the character sets. I'd like to have a team of 3-4 people. 1-2 programmers, and/or 2D artists and composers. I look forward to hearing from any of those interested.
Kalore
Kalore
Actually... there is a contest just on the get go right now.
If any of you would like to just try a small game with me
until we can get some shoes on... thats fine. just get in
contact with me and we will set up a meeting or something.
there is about 114 days left in the contest, if your interested
in the contest at all then look at: http://www.gbadev.org
its pretty neat.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.