Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

600 Pound Woman dies after being surgically removed from a couch

Started by Ekim_Gram Aug 11, 2004 at 8:51 PM 58 replies 7.5k views
Original Post
Ekim_Gram
Ekim_Gram
Clicky Wow..I have a feeling I'm going to hell for chuckling at that. I feel real bad though, I bet she was real nice for some reason.
Programmer One
Programmer One
Quote:

Authorities estimate she had been on the couch anywhere from two to five years.


WTF..?
Scet
Scet
Quote:

Using planks, they loaded the woman on to the trailer, still attached to the couch. Removing her would be too painful, since her body is grafted to the fabric. After years of staying put, her skin has literally become one with the sofa and it must be surgically removed.


I feel sick.[sick]
Promit
Promit
You'd think that by 400, she would've tried to change something.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Adraeus
Adraeus
Quote:
Original post by Programmer One
WTF..?
That probably means family had just been bringing her food. I think that's sick.
nick316
nick316
Imagine the smell.
mutex
mutex
I'm actually interested in how skin can merge with something like a couch. Does the skin start growing into the couch?

Salsa
Salsa
It (she) was probably just encrusted by feces. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but there it is.
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
normal31337guy
normal31337guy
Doesn't it grow around the couch, and just sort of... consume it?
I Like Bread
I Like Bread
It can obviously be pressed into the couch fabric, and kind of seep through. Apply a couple hundred pounds of pressure to just about anything for 5 years, and it'll mold itself around.
______Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.
blueEbola
blueEbola
Quote:

While rescue crews came up with a back-door rescue plan, detectives secured what had become a crime scene, questioning family members about how it got so bad.


Ugh.. I'm speechless.
AndreTheGiant
AndreTheGiant
Did anyone else notice how poorly the article was written? Its filled with spelling mistakes and a lot of the wording sounds like it was written by an 8 year old.

I doubted the story was true, but I clicked on that link that says "Check out 99 incredibly unusual photos". And I believe those, since I recall about half of them being in the news at one point or another.

So I guess this fat ass welded to the couch might be true too. Thats pretty gross. Did anyone see the Movie Seven? This story reminds me of a cross between that fat ass that was forced to eat all that pasta, and the lazy ass that was chained to a bed for 1 year.

Salsa
Salsa
The only spelling mistake I caught was "amd" instead of "and". Frowned upon, but not uncommon.
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
Spintwo
Spintwo
This deserves a full written out, What the Fuck.
Baloogan
Baloogan
i found this the most funnerz0rz i have ever laugherz0rzed to in my liferz0rzed
If you were MEANT to understand it, we wouldn't have called it 'code'
Cibressus
Cibressus
only in america could a person sit on thier ass for so long as to become one with a couch and die.
Spintwo
Spintwo
Quote:
Original post by Baloogan
i found this the most funnerz0rz i have ever laugherz0rzed to in my liferz0rzed


You killed the funny...the meager, sinful amount of it.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.