Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Some Sci-Fi prefabs

Started by Psionic Artist Aug 17, 2004 at 3:15 PM 12 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
Psionic Artist
Psionic Artist
I started work on a new pack this week, basically gonna be a large bunch of sci-fi/industrial objects/prefabs to place around levels etc... heres a couple so far:- [Edited by - Psionic Artist on August 18, 2004 3:27:49 AM]
Pipo DeClown
Pipo DeClown
I think it's good. But after Doom 3, this is out-dated graphics. But that is only 'cause of the out-dated textures. I don't think there's something wrong with your objects.

So get working on textures! (Or get better ones from the 'net)
Veovis
Veovis
Grrr...the past 2 AP posts have been mine. I keep forgetting to log in.
eng3d
eng3d
Avoid the monotony of the textures, for example the Walkway is too perfect


-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
evolutional
evolutional
Quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
I think it's good. But after Doom 3, this is out-dated graphics. But that is only 'cause of the out-dated textures. I don't think there's something wrong with your objects.

So get working on textures! (Or get better ones from the 'net)


It's that sarcasm? The textures look good to me. The resources on offer seem like a perfect tool for newbie game developers, especially when you consider the fact that a lot of them aren't good artists to begin with. Comparing the model/texture packs to Doom3 is totally pointless if you ask me, I mean - why should any of us bother making games at all now that Doom3 is out? [rolleyes]
sunandshadow
sunandshadow
I quite like the ones with the yellow caution stripes. :) Onesuggestion - I would make the ripples one the monitors narrower to make them look more realistic.
I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.
FenrirWolf
FenrirWolf
Only real crit I've got is that some things are just a bit too clean, like the walkway and the crates. (Esp. the one with the orange lights.) I'd add a bit more smudging and luminance variance to give it a slightly worn look.

And yeah, I agree about the Doom3 comments -- Give the guy a break. I think they look just fine.
themindpuppet
themindpuppet
Awesome!
.sigMarginally offended by this post? Rate me down.
henchster
henchster
look nice and cool you should make some tutorail for that.
Looking FOr Helpmindfusion.ixforums.com

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.