Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

New pieces

Started by Sage13 Aug 18, 2004 at 12:12 AM 2 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
Sage13
Sage13
Some line art I just finished up. Lots of the pencil textures will be replaced in the colored version. Some lines are missing because kinkos sucks, and of course they are also responsible for the legs running off the page (sigh, I'll just have to add them in during while coloring.) I have to fix some perspective issues on the left side and the feet of the guy in the foreground :) Looking to make some more improvement before I start coloring so feedback is greatly, greatly appriciated! :D thanks! -~- Also, another piece I've done recently:
owl
owl
img not image

That's better :)

WOAH, very nice stuff! I can't wait to see it colored.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Kandolo
Kandolo
I really like the dramatic camera angle. Not sure if you know this... but usually that type of an angle (a canted angle) is usually used to show that something is "off" about the scene... specifically, that you are looking at villains (Watch an old Batman live action tv show sometime, the cameras are always tilted in the bad guys lair).

I've seen this a lot in anime too... where bad guys are posed with a low canted angle to make them look powerful and scary at the same time.

I wouldn't worry about the "perspective" of the foreground characters feet. Honestly, I thought it was purposeful. It looks like typical wide angle lense distortion. I wouldn't change it! Really great work!!!

What are your plans for the colored version?
T. Wade Murphy
Sage13
Sage13
Well I'm glad that's the case. That means the camera angle is perfect heh (shhh don’t tell anybody). I'm coloring the pieces in an Udon painter style with a predominately warm color scheme.

thanks for the FB guys!

-~-

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.