Original Post
It seems this is a fairly common question, and doing a search yielded this thread, but I'm not sure if it answers my questions. Basically, I've got a Marshall AVT 150W head with a 400W cab. I've also got a Boss GT-5 and in my spare time, I've been writing some tracks that I'd like to use for any games I make. I've already got a couple in mind, and I'd like to get them onto the PC. Now, I'd rather record directly from the amp, as opposed to using the pedal, for direct distortion and clean sounds, but for certain effects such as chorus, I'd rather use the pedal (even though I have that on my amp as well). The chorus sounds more meaty from my amp, which is cool, but it's not quite as flexible as from the pedal. Thing is, how can I record from either the amp or the pedal, to the PC? I doubt I'd be able to plug them directly in as I'd blow up the motherboard (I can't even turn the volume up to 1 before it blows the house apart [grin]). Also, I'd need some software to be able to lay a bass line and drums underneath, but I'd want to actually create the bass line in a program, as opposed to borrowing my mate's bass/amp and recording from there. Any suggestions? You'd think I'd know how to do this (been in a studio several times), but obviously I wasn't paying too much attention. [smile] Any help would be greatly appreciated.