Original Post
I've encountered this bug a few times and unfortunately I can't seem to find a "one-liner" to explain it, so I've had little luck searching for a fix. It occurs in Internet Explorer (version 6, PC). The problem is that IE ignores all #id.class CSS rules after the first rule. For example, if you have: Basically, multiple classes with the same name for different id's. So now I'll have to do something different, using only classes, like this: Which works but is ever so cryptic ;) (what poor examples...) At any rate, I really hope Microsoft updates IE's rendering engine SOOON! At least we have documentation (BugZilla) for Mozilla bugs... *sigh* So anyway, just wondering if anyoen can think of a workaround.
#test.temp1 {background-color: red;}
#test.temp2 {background-color: blue;}
#test.temp3 {background-color: orange;}
#test.temp4 {background-color: black;} Only the first rule (div#test.temp1 {background-color: red;}) will be recognized and used. The obvious workaround is to remove the id selector and use unique class names. For instance, I've often had to do something like the following: #test1.temp1 {background-color: red;}
#test1.temp2 {background-color: blue;}
#test1.temp3 {background-color: orange;}
#test1.temp4 {background-color: black;}
#test2.temp1 {background-color: purple;}
#test2.temp2 {background-color: white;}
#test2.temp3 {background-color: cyan;}
#test2.temp4 {background-color: green;}
.t1temp1 {background-color: red;}
.t1temp2 {background-color: blue;}
.t1temp3 {background-color: orange;}
.t1temp4 {background-color: black;}
.t2temp1 {background-color: purple;}
.t2temp2 {background-color: white;}
.t2temp3 {background-color: cyan;}
.t2temp4 {background-color: green;}