Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I could really use some basic help...

Started by Mike Oct 3, 2004 at 8:57 PM 3 replies 950+ views
Original Post
Mike
Mike
Here is the problem: here is what it looks like up close Any idea what cuases this problem? how can i fix it?
Boku San
Boku San
...You didn't actually word a problem. I'll assume that you need to see the same level of detail from far away as you do up close...and I'm sure it'll involve something about depth testing. Other than that, ask somebody who's not an eye-dee-eye-oh-tee.
Things change.
Grain
Grain
Your Depth Buffer needs to have more bits. Try setting it to 24. It looks likes its 16 now.
b34r
b34r
It's a z-buffer problem but you don't need to increase to 24bit with such a small scene. Try adjusting manually your front and rear clipping planes. If your scene is 5 meters wide (could really happen in 3d, it could even be 5mm in GL metrics) you don't need to clip thousands of kilometers away, that's just wasting z-buffer precision.
Praise the alternative.
Mike
Mike
turned out to just be a depth buffer issue. I managed to fix it and i'm thankfull for the help.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.