18 old boy sentnced to 2 years in jail for being naked

Started by
104 comments, last by red_sodium 19 years, 7 months ago
This is the kind of news that really outrages me. I heard it on the radio yesterday, so no link for you. Basically, at a high school graduation ceremony, a 18 yo boy stripped naked, as a prank. He was sentenced to 2 years in jail, because there were some children around. This happened in PA of USA, land of the free, home of the brave. How the fuck is it possible for something like that to happen? How is the society going to be better, knowing that they ruined a young kid's life? I mean, what future does he have? Most likely he will learn all kind of bad stuff in jail, can't find work when he gets out (it's hard enough to find work in this area even if you are a hard woring person, no arrest), so guess what he'll do.
Advertisement
That's rediculous...I can see possibly a small fine, but 2 YEARS IN PRISON WTF?!? What is the world coming to...Murderers get away clean because police officers screw up during a search, and pranksters causing no physical harm get 2 years of jail time...amazing.
"What are you trying to tell me? That I can write an O(N^2) recursive solution for a 2-dimensional knapsack?" "No, programmer. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to." -Adapted from "The Matrix"
My thoughts exactly. A small fine, maybe some community work. But Martha goes to jail for 5 months for making millions, and this poor kid goes to jail for 2 years for a harmless prank.
In most of the European countries that wouldn't even be illegal, just poor taste.
That is brutal. People don't have any sense anymore.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
This nice country stopped being free sometime during my great-great grandfather’s time I believe.

Not the best, not the worst.

[looksaround]
Bah, how much harm could they possible think he could do? "OMG! My son/daughter saw a penis! Their life is completely ruined!"
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Would kids care that they saw that? No. Just parents who are overprotective
Bitch bitch bitch. Public nudity has been illegal for years. If this guy didn't know he was risking jail time, he probably deserves to get removed from society just for being a moron.

Maybe this'll teach some kids to research the consequences of their actions before they do something stupid.

CM
I think hiding sex from children is stupid. They're going to encounter it sooner or later, you might as well make sure they have all the facts so they don't end up doing something they'll regret.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Quote:Original post by Tron3k
That is brutal. People don't have any sense anymore.

true true
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement