Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Teachers (TV show)

Started by Beelzebub Oct 26, 2004 at 5:22 PM 9 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
Beelzebub
Beelzebub
New series has just started on channel 4, I think I must have missed the end of the last, cos I can't remember what happend Andrew Lincoln's character and the dweeby IT and PE teachers. Didn't get the bit about the current cast taking a leak on the Kirk's grave...
JiveTurkey
JiveTurkey
channel 4?
...
uh-huh.
notepad hates you.
ontheheap
ontheheap
I'm watching channel 4. It's a simpsons halloween special ;)
QzarBaron
QzarBaron
Quote:
Original post by ontheheap
I'm watching channel 4. It's a simpsons halloween special ;)


Whats channel 4 for you guys up in Tampa Bay. Is it UPN 44? UPN 44 are the ones that usually have the Simpsons on but that is channel 9 for us.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
ontheheap
ontheheap
Yea it's UPN 44.


Edit: Channel 9 is CBS for us.

_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
he was talking about Channel 4 in the UK, which is infact called 'Channel 4', they have been known to help fund films so shouldnt be totally unknown to those over the watch (as Channel 4 Films I belive)

Anyways, yeah.. i'm not quite sure what happened there with Kurt or Brian either, but then its been a while since I saw the last one of series 3, have to get the DVD to find out.
Andrew Lincoln left a fair while back, end of series 2, reappeared briefly in series 3 and appears to be gone for good.
Matt, who was the other guy refered to in the opening of it was brought into replace 'im.

I wasnt sure how Teachers was gonna carry on in series 3 with the loss of a few main characters (Simon, Jenny, PJ and Susan) but the new people dropped in well and with enuff carry over faces it worked well, I perticuly liked Matt in it, his sarcastic kinda look at the world was quality... however, having written out the remaining two 'main' characters from the first 3 series it'll be intresting to see how it goes on, the first eq was 'ok' but its lost all the feel of the first 2 series totally, which is a shame... but i'll keep watching, see how it pans out...

Gourgy
Gourgy
Andrew Lincoln was only in series 3 temporarily. Kurt, Brian and Matt have been killed off with no explanation given. I suppose it's better than them simply disappearing from the cast, like happened to Susan, Jenny and PJ.
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
indeed, although with the two schools merging they could have gotten away with it... but dead! I wanna know how damn it! [sad]
Gourgy
Gourgy
The new teachers look like they might be pretty good, though.
_the_phantom_
_the_phantom_
yeah, it could all turn out fine, its just a bit strange having watched it from the word go and seeing all the main characters gone (and having recently rewatched series 1 and 2 didnt really help that, heh)
Beelzebub
Beelzebub
Cheers for the info guys, glad I'm not the only one confused about cast members just disappearing.

Wasn't that impressed with the first show, but I'm hoping that now the new characters as established the story will pick up a lot.



And American's wake up, not everything happens with in the boundarys of your 50 states.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.