Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Oh, looky! All mine!

Started by Oluseyi Nov 14, 2004 at 9:34 PM 62 replies 11.7k views
Original Post
Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Yes, Lounge. I am your new Moderator. The Forum FAQ has been updated. If everybody abides by my gentle suggestions, this should be relatively pain-free. Love, 'Seyi [smile]
Salsa
Salsa
As the new moderator, I hold you responsible for the excessive amount of Stickies cluttering up the lounge.
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
Oluseyi
Oluseyi
All in due time.
23yrold3yrold
23yrold3yrold
Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Yes, Lounge. I am your new Moderator.

Hooray!! [pig]
Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
It still says "(moderated by mittens)." Imposter.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Umbongo
Umbongo
I have qurstion. Why didn't you spell check the new forum rules?
Ainokea
Ainokea
All hail god`s (Dave) appointed king of the lounge!

BTW: What happened to mittens? Did his doom3 mod take up to much time to mod the lounge or something?
______________With the flesh of a cow.
Sneftel
Sneftel
Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi

this should be relatively pain-free.[smile]

The hell it should. Bring on the pain. [evil]
DigitalChaos
DigitalChaos
why was mittens replaced?

Quote:
If everybody abides by my gentle suggestions, this should be relatively pain-free.


i'm a masochist [evil]

oh well, congrats Oluseyi on taking over the lounge, you're now one step closer to world domination [lol]
Ainokea
Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by DigitalChaos
why was mittens replaced?

Quote:
If everybody abides by my gentle suggestions, this should be relatively pain-free.


i'm a masochist [evil]

oh well, congrats Oluseyi on taking over the lounge, you're now one step closer to world domination [lol]

Oh noes he only has two steps left until he is at the top of the stairs.
______________With the flesh of a cow.
Cibressus
Cibressus
no more hot chick threads! no! dear god no! why? why?!!?!

seriously, i think this is pretty strict, lighten up will yah?
Myopic Rhino
Myopic Rhino
Quote:
Original post by DigitalChaos
why was mittens replaced?
Trent asked to be replaced because he doesn't have time for it.
23yrold3yrold
23yrold3yrold
Quote:
Original post by Cibressus
no more hot chick threads! no! dear god no! why? why?!!?!

Because it's inappropriate for the forums, and you'd have to have a skull filled with dead insects not to be able to find that stuff for yourselves on the friggin Internet anyway. You're not exactly being deprived here. [rolleyes]
Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.
mittens
mittens
Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
BTW: What happened to mittens? Did his doom3 mod take up to much time to mod the lounge or something?

More an attempt to start getting good grades at school. Last year, I was at a solid 2.01 GPA, this year, I'm looking at 4.0'ing this first semester. It's a worthy cause, I swear.

I still check in from time-to-time. And I'll be infinitely more active during Christmas and Summer.
Toxic Hippo
Toxic Hippo
Quote:
Original post by mittens
Quote:
Original post by Cibressus
no more hot chick threads! no! dear god no! why? why?!!?!

This does indeed sadden me as well. I tried. I did try.
I'm sorry, mittens, but you didn't try hard enough. [sad]
Tron3k
Tron3k
I want to see EXTREME MODERATION!
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Quote:
Original post by eedok
Just out of curosity, are hot men threads allowed?
Nope.

Quote:
There must be a reason behind this.
Read the FAQ. Or read 23yrold3yrold's exposition:
Quote:
Because it's inappropriate for the forums, and you'd have to have a skull filled with dead insects not to be able to find that stuff for yourselves on the friggin Internet anyway. You're not exactly being deprived here.
The Lounge was getting out of hand, dominating the Active Threads page - and most of the content was utter garbage (for future reference, I will nuke any "one word game" threads on sight). We're just reining things in a little.
ontheheap
ontheheap
No complaints here. I'm actually glad we've got an (extremely) low tolerance staff member moderating the lounge. I've done my share of idiotic, immature posts, but this weekend has opened my eyes a bit. I'm not full of it either. I spent the entire weekend around a bunch of rich, successful Jewish people with a real sophistication about their lives. It seriously made me want to try even harder to do something important with my life. I'm being dead serious here. I hope no one takes this as butt kissing, or whatever, although it could be taken like that [razz].

And no AI for my pacman game yet. I did rewrite the source in a more OO fashion though. It's my first attempt at using c++'s OO features, so it isn't really any more organized than my procedural code, but it's a start!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.