Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Atomic Butcher 1.0 released

Started by Indeterminatus Dec 6, 2004 at 4:29 PM 12 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
Indeterminatus
Indeterminatus
Finally, after one year work, our first freeware jump'n'run, Atomic Butcher, is released. It is held in the classic style of Abuse (at least concerning the movement/aiming), but with a very strong emphasis on action and violence. Please look at our website: http://www.dashumankapital.net/, download the game, play it for a while and tell us what you think ;).
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
mumpo
mumpo
The screenshots look really cool. I don't have time to try it right now, (loads of homework) but I will this weekend or something. I just figured I would post something now since no one else has.
monkey_32606
monkey_32606
That was fun in a sick perverse way, like GTA or a slasher flick.

I thought it was well implemented and a lot of fun.

My only request is that you include health pickups, I kept losing health and running through the level on about 5 health.
Quote: Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
RolandMoritz
RolandMoritz
That's what the armour is for...It's like that: You can always collect armour, but once you lose health, it won't be restored until the end of the level, so you must always make sure to wear armour.
Woodchuck
Woodchuck
nice game, technicaly a little weak. clouds deserve to use alpha blending...

:)
RolandMoritz
RolandMoritz
Yes, well (thanks to allegro) we could have done that actually quite easily, but we thought it wouldn't really fit the graphic-style...BTW the dithering reminds me of some old jump'n'runs I used to play ;)

And thanks for the nice comments :)
Woodchuck
Woodchuck
yes exactly what i was thinking after. This old school style is not so nad finaly. change nothing :) good musics too. the urinator is a little punky in my opinion but its funny.
hope that help to find the right way.
RolandMoritz
RolandMoritz
Haha...yes, I know, that whole urine-ray thing is a bit... juvenile, but hey, that happens when 20-year old males get to play around with a particle system ;)
Ilankt
Ilankt
lol, this is fun!
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
LavaBall
LavaBall
Be surprised in the future i emailed the Author of this game to release an Editor(Level Editor)Which will outstand your luck of course it is fun to create new stuff :)
Clock Tower:GhostHead
mumpo
mumpo
I've actually played it now. . . and it's a great game! Deathmatch might be cool with it too. . .
Hedos
Hedos
Amazing!
I only had the time to do the training + level 1 for the moment, but I loved it so far :)
graveyard filla
graveyard filla
hey dude,

the game is very nice looking and impressive. theres one thing that bothers me - the controls are very tedius. please allow custimizable controls. it was tedius trying to jump over / onto obstacles with the current controls. keep up the good work!
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
RolandMoritz
RolandMoritz
There are instructions on how to change the controls on our homepage under "manual" - just search for "changing the controls" under Point No. 3.
Yes, we know it's a bit lame that you can't do it during the game and have to edit a textfile for it, but what can I say...we didn't plan for it...

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.