Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Barnum was right.

Started by Etnu Dec 15, 2004 at 11:11 PM 6 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Etnu
Etnu
A sucker is born every minute. Now, call me crazy, but how in the hell does something like this happen? 5 years? o_O.
---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.
Evil_Greven
Evil_Greven
Sucker?

If you'd seen a different article, it says that the state literally TOOK money from his paycheck to pay her with.

He had absolutely no choice.

-Greven
GroZZleR
GroZZleR
How does that make him a sucker?

Quote:

The elaborate ruse stretched over five years and involved fake DNA evidence, a forged Social Security number and birth and baptismal certificates.


It fooled the courts, and he's a sucker for dishing it out?

You make no sense.
oliii
oliii
he should have been a bit more concerned about seeing his kid in the first place. Then the thing would have fallen apart.
Everything is better with Metal.
LessBread
LessBread
Looks like I got suckered in to thinking that maybe this thread was going to be about people that voted for Bush... [grin]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
JexMX
JexMX
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
Looks like I got suckered in to thinking that maybe this thread was going to be about people that voted for Bush... [grin]
polly
polly
The following are all replies that British women have put on Child Support Agency forms in the section for listing father's details: These are Genuine excerpts from the forms.

01. Regarding the identity of the father of my twins, child A was fathered by Jim Munson. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of child B, but I believe that he was conceived on the same night.

02. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my child as I was being sick out of a window when taken unexpectedly from behind. I can provide you with a list of names of men that I think were at the party if this helps.

03. I do not know the name of the father of my little girl. She was conceived at a party at 3600 Grand Avenue where I had unprotected sex with a man I met that night. I do remember that the sex was so good that I fainted. If you do manage to track down the father can you send me his phone number? Thanks.

04. I don't know the identity of the father of my daughter. He drives a BMW that now has a hole made by my stiletto in one of the door panels. Perhaps you can contact BMW service stations in this area and see if he's had it replaced.

05. I have never had sex with a man. I am awaiting a letter from the Pope confirming that my son's conception was immaculate and that he is Christ risen again.

06. I cannot tell you the name of child A's dad as he informs me that to do so would blow his cover and that would have cataclysmic implications for the British economy. I am torn between doing right by you and right by the country. Please advise.

07. I do not know who the father of my child was as all squaddies look the same to me. I can confirm that he was a Royal Green Jacket.

08. Peter Smith is the father of child A. If you do catch up with him can you ask him what he did with my AC/DC CDs?

09. From the dates it seems that my daughter was conceived at EuroDisney - maybe it really is the Magic Kingdom.

10. So much about that night is a blur. The only thing that I remember for sure is Delia Smith did a program about eggs earlier in the evening. If I'd have stayed in and watched more TV rather than going to the party at 146 Miller Drive, mine might have remained unfertilized.

11. I am unsure as to the identity of the father of my baby, after all when you eat a can of beans you can't be sure which one made you fart.
polly
polly
Quote:
Original post by Etnu
A sucker is born every minute.

Now, call me crazy, but how in the hell does something like this happen? 5 years? o_O.


I dont think he's a sucker at all. Reread the article and the replies, he knew the kid wasnt his if it existed at all: but could do nothing. There is also at least one reply from someone who has had the same thing happen: same problem, the courts wont listen.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.