Original Post
Which programming language would be more suitable for an online 3d chat style game, not something as advanced as like secondlife but like an MMORPG without the weapons and stuff. It also wont need to hold more than 500 users at any one time. Basicly I want to setup a small to medium sized 3d chat world where people from certain forums can come in and chat mostly. Other features I was thinking of would be somehow tying a points system on a forum (phpbb) into this online 3d chat to allow points to be earned and deducted while in game, possibly vehicles and even possibly being able to build your own buildings like in second life. I just need to know what language I would be better going with and if I should build my own engine from the ground up or go and purchase a premade game engine like torque. I know some basic's in c++ but probably not enough, but before I go out and start buying books I need to know which language to go with.