Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[java] Scroller test

Started by BlackLiquid Jan 12, 2005 at 7:43 AM 2 replies 700+ views
Original Post
BlackLiquid
BlackLiquid
Hi all, This is my first attempt at a scroller ... stitched it together last summer and I had the good folks over at www.javagaming.org test it out. Seems the game ran a little slow for some of them and I never really figured out why. Anywho ... haven't really done anything since then ( and to be honest I haven't really done that much now :) ). I've changed the gameloop from using System.currentTimeMillis() to System.nanoTime(), and I tried a different approach to "calculating" which part of the map to draw. I can't really see any difference, but then again the first version ran without any slowdowns. I'd appreciate any feedback on how it runs on other computers. I'd post again at javagaming, but I hate bothering people with the same game to many times (Hope I haven't posted here about this game before ;) ). You'll find the game here!
persil
persil
Hmmm, first the controls aren't very responsive.

The thing doesn't really slow down but it's choppy when moving around.

And I don't see how to get the red key card ;)
BlackLiquid
BlackLiquid
Hehe ... I have seen a few familiar names here from javagaming :).
As for the gameplay in general .. well, content hasn't really been my
primary concern so don't waste too much time looking for that red key card!

Sooo .. choppy when moving? Any chance you're using a 486sx computer?
Hope so, otherwise I have to admit to myself that changing from milli
to nano wouldn't solve my problems( Though I do have many a fond game memory from those days and they ran just fine :) ).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.