Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

socket problem in visual basic

Started by Smacker_626 Jan 19, 2005 at 9:48 PM 1 replies 400+ views
Original Post
Smacker_626
Smacker_626
I'm trying to connect to a Web Server and do a simple request for a PHP script passing it a variable in the URL, I used Internet Explorer to connect to another one of my programs to get the HTTP headers, I can connect to the Server and send the headers but the Server never sends any data back, my requests show up in the log so I know it's getting through. I tried going through the "Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1" document at w3.org but all it helped me with is the Connection header. I compressed the VB project with WinRAR and uploaded it to my site http://www.dragonruins.com/Update_IP.rar Sorry if my code is messed up lol, I don't use VB much, i'm just trying to get this working so my friend won't have to give me his IP everytime he restart's so I can access his Web Server. Thanks for any help :) Edit: I don't know how to make URL's lol [Edited by - Smacker_626 on January 19, 2005 11:43:34 PM]
Smacker_626
Smacker_626
I'm sure someone has tried to do this before, can anyone help me out here? :)
Smacker_626
Smacker_626
I fixed it :)

Just needed to add another vbCrLf to the end of the request to the server.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.