Original Post
Hi all, I have a problem with collision resolution using AABB's. I have not been able to solve it for quite some time. The problem is with collision of AABB's and the classification of planes. I have the dynamic objects which are square shaped bounded by AABB's, and static objects that are rectangles but are quite thin also bounded by AABB's. Collision detection is no problem, but collision resolution is a different matter. I use the interesecting plane's normal to project the next position that the dynamic object should be at. However, between frames, the object pass through the both planes and thus the opposite plane's normal. I think this problem is very much like the bullet passing walls. I've considered using a ray, but a bigger problem comes at wall corners that are perpendicular which we need an AABB to detect correctly. Furthermore, within one frame, the object can pass through both perpendicular walls. Do you guys have any ideas? thanks a lot, Ken