Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Yahoo Chat has really gone downhill.

Started by smiley4 Feb 3, 2005 at 2:27 PM 18 replies 3.3k views
Original Post
smiley4
smiley4
To think that four years ago, that people had intelligent conversations on Yahoo and now I feel like my IQ dropped by going there... Anyway, name someother sites that would make you feel the same way.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
nerd_boy
nerd_boy
The Lounge.
smiley4
smiley4
I don't know, the Lounge still talks about more than just "do you want to see my webcam," and there is still humor in the Lounge. A bit geeky, yet that's what makes it cool.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
smiley4
smiley4
I'm right, Yahoo Chat really has drained IQ points. It must have a strong "Drain Intelligence" spell. Grammar Ninjas Help me become diciplined again!
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
Drewish
Drewish
People had intelligent conversations on Yahoo?
Rhaal
Rhaal
Quote:
Original post by smiley4
----- Chat has really gone downhill.


Fixed.
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.
Samith
Samith
I was looking for spanish punk rock a few days ago and I came across this forum.

After reading some threads, I began to realize how incredibly smart the GDNet forums are compared to some other places on the internet. Also, spanish internet slang is really funny.
Benjamin Heath
Benjamin Heath
At the expense of of sounding like I'm bashing one of my online friends (sorry grim), the NewGameProjects forums are... demonic. [wow]
I Like Bread
I Like Bread
I relate my first chatroom experience:

After Christmas, my dad spent a whole bunch of money on a new PC and a modem. He bought a subscription to AOL (1.2, I think) and I loaded it up. The whole family was huddled around the monitor to see the first words from TEH INTARWEB. AOL automatically loads up the Lobby, and these is the sentence we see:

"i like ass-fucking on christmas"

...Proof that online chat was never "uphill" to begin with.
______Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.
kSquared
kSquared
Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
I relate my first chatroom experience:

After Christmas, my dad spent a whole bunch of money on a new PC and a modem. He bought a subscription to AOL (1.2, I think) and I loaded it up. The whole family was huddled around the monitor to see the first words from TEH INTARWEB. AOL automatically loads up the Lobby, and these is the sentence we see:

"i like ass-fucking on christmas"

...Proof that online chat was never "uphill" to begin with.

... Best story EVAR.
- k2 "Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ<
lethalhamster
lethalhamster
Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
I relate my first chatroom experience:

After Christmas, my dad spent a whole bunch of money on a new PC and a modem. He bought a subscription to AOL (1.2, I think) and I loaded it up. The whole family was huddled around the monitor to see the first words from TEH INTARWEB. AOL automatically loads up the Lobby, and these is the sentence we see:

"i like ass-fucking on christmas"

...Proof that online chat was never "uphill" to begin with.

That may be more of an AOL thing, not so much chat rooms in general [smile]
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Eelco
Eelco
Quote:
Original post by kSquared
Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
I relate my first chatroom experience:

After Christmas, my dad spent a whole bunch of money on a new PC and a modem. He bought a subscription to AOL (1.2, I think) and I loaded it up. The whole family was huddled around the monitor to see the first words from TEH INTARWEB. AOL automatically loads up the Lobby, and these is the sentence we see:

"i like ass-fucking on christmas"

...Proof that online chat was never "uphill" to begin with.

... Best story EVAR.

indeed, case closed.

online chatting blows.
silencer-
silencer-
I ran across this forum once while browsing for info on the MMORPG Star Wars: Galaxies. I believe it to be the gathering place of their socially unfit. By page 3 I felt like I had some illness (it actually used to be worse than it is now).
Lode
Lode
Quote:
Original post by silencer-
I ran across this forum once while browsing for info on the MMORPG Star Wars: Galaxies. I believe it to be the gathering place of their socially unfit. By page 3 I felt like I had some illness (it actually used to be worse than it is now).


Wow what's that, any thread I open contains masses of crap
silencer-
silencer-
Quote:
Original post by Lode
Wow what's that, any thread I open contains masses of crap

Apparently it's the "anything goes" forum for that game. A person I know who plays it told me that it was "taken over" by some group who established itself there. He also said it has since become moderated resulting in less crap (if such a thing is believable). Appalling really.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.