Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Looking for RTS source code in c# or other to learn off it!

Started by Moike Feb 3, 2005 at 7:09 PM 10 replies 5.7k views
Original Post
Moike
Moike
Hey all Was searching around programmersheaven and google trying to find some game source code for C# I was wondering if anyone knew of any c# sourcecode for a real time strategy game (can be simple, I just want to understand better the layout of the objects and get some ideas for object management). If its anything close to something like command and conquer (just the style and gameplay really, units get created, destroyed by many other little units etc :P) could you please suggest a link? If not, do you know of anything for C++ or Vb (ill beable to understand most of it at least) thats very similar to this and isnt too advanced?
JimPrice
JimPrice
It just so happens that a couple of weeks ago the front page of GameDev had an article on GLest, a shareware RTS game (although it's C++, not C#).

The glest homepage is here, and the sourceforge link is here.

I'm going through the same code myself at the moment! Have fun!

Jim.
Moike
Moike
great thanx guys!
ill have a look through them, im sure Ill beable to understand the concepts behind the game!

Ciao
-Mike

BTW
anyone know of a 2d rts game sourcecode?

I looked at the code to glest, hard to understand it :(
will keep trying.
Frank Henry
Frank Henry
Hmm... very interresting.
Anyone know where I can find source code to other games?
I am always interrested in seeing how other people did/do things.
KimboTiger
KimboTiger
I have also searched the inet for a complete game project(source code), just to learn how things should be done.

Could anyone help me?

Thanhda
Thanhda
Quote:
Original post by Darobat
Once again, I have one C++. I hate C# so why would I know of one?

Machinations - C++ OpenSource RTS


where can you download the source?
Thanhda TieDigital Shock, Technical Director & Business Relations15-75 Bayly Street West, Suite #173Ajax, Ontario, L1S 7K7Tel: 416.875.1634http://www.digitalshock.net
Darobat
Darobat
Aww, sorry. Thats just the homepage but the source is available from sf.net.
Link to Source
--------------------C++ Home - Check it out!Lol... - Amazing video
mkes
mkes
Check out this link,

Quake 2 source running on .NET
[link]http://www.vertigosoftware.com/Quake2PostInstall.htm[/link]

source code link:
http://www.vertigosoftware.com/Quake2NETDownloads/Quake%20II%20.NET%20Source.zip


mkes

KitchenKnif
KitchenKnif
I will be looking at these iv'e been looking for somthing like this for ages!
THX guys!
SnprBoB86
SnprBoB86
Also check out the quazi-real-time engine used in the Imagine Cup's gaming competition: http://www.project-hoshimi.com/
Frank Henry
Frank Henry
http://liberatedgames.com
Many games also include source code.

IIRC the source code for Call To Power also was available.

Maybe we can get someone from gamedev to create a subsection of the [resources] where people can find source code.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.