Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

ddraw api documentation

Started by Rocket05 Feb 5, 2005 at 1:49 PM 3 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Rocket05
Rocket05
(already googled and manual forum searched, albiet the search feature for the forum was down) is it still possible to download the dx sdk documentation for an older version of dx, and where? i like how ddraw is still a component of dx yet they no longer ship documentation for it, except online. and constantly looking things up through msdn online is slow.
"I never let schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
Syranide
Syranide
DirectDraw is no longer an official component of DirectX, it is now called DirectX Graphics which basically is Direct3D and ID3DXSprite, it was suspended from further development as of DirectX 7 I think.

If you want DirectDraw documentation it is available online on MSDN.

Otherwise I suggest you take a few hours and learn ID3DXSprite instead as it opens up a vast array of new functions available for you, and is faster and will be even faster on newer 3Dcards. It can also easily be extended with 3D or your own 2Dengine which can, truly open up for anything you would ever like to do, not being bound to DirectDraw. (Which is no longer supported)


Muhammad Haggag
Muhammad Haggag
The .chm is ~5 MB. I have the docs in word format, too, and the ddraw ones are ~320 Kb zipped. I can mail them if you like.

Rocket05
Rocket05
yeah if you can email them to me, that'd be great. i only need the ddraw ones, preferabbly .chm format, but word will work too.

my email should be in my profile, if not:
email them to: ther_ocket_05@h_otmail.c_om (remove underscores)

i greatly appreciate your help, i'll be glad to return the favor
"I never let schooling interfere with my education" - Mark Twain
MartinStrand
MartinStrand
Old SDKs can be hard to find. This site has collected them all:
http://sdks.icarusindie.com:2004/index.php
:)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.