Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Real Time graphics on Symbian how?

Started by The Alchemist Mar 25, 2005 at 2:02 PM 6 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
how? the problem is making the symbian menus display correctly, using TScreenInfo01 simply dont works right, and cant find how use DSA wihout a fixed timer any help is apreciated thx in advance
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
adiash
adiash
It's all in the DirectScreenAccess classes.
First, download this from forum nokia.
This should be pretty self explanatory.
When you are done with that document, I advise searching for CDirectScreenAccess at the forum nokia web site. Read the rest of the documents you see there.
If you still have questions, let me know.

Cheers,
Adi.
_________ Evious Ltd.
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
actualy just discovered what i wanted, seems like the best way simple is not using DSA and go for TScreenInfo01 using a foregound event listener to stop rendering while menus pop up

but i also saw in the nokia 3d engine example all game processing in a CIdle active object, is that realy nescessary? i find using active objects in processing somewhat confusing
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Miranda
Miranda
I'm in the beginning stages of a 3d game for Symbian and I'm not using any Active Objects or CIdle. But I don't have anything too complex at this stage so I'm not sure what I will need in the future!

I found some of that 3d engine example a bit confusing, but it does run pretty well on phones (I think 25fps on a Nokia 6600).
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
interesting, how you are handling symbian drawing stuff on the screen over your app?
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Miranda
Miranda
ok ignore me. I am using active objects. I have been building my application from an simple example and was not aware of it... [embarrass] I'm still new to Symbian...
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
symbian is trikey :P
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.