Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

RPG DX 9.0b error

Started by garbled Mar 28, 2005 at 7:51 AM 1 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
garbled
garbled
I am compiling code I made using Jim Adams Programming RPG's 2nd edition and I can't get rid of this error from the graphics core. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectXFileCreate@4 The libraries I have installed include: d3d9.lib d3dx9.lib dinput8.lib dsound.lib dplay.lib strmiids.lib winmm.lib dxguid.lib wsock32.lib I've seen in other posts for the first edition to use dxdof.lib, but when I did, the compiler choked and said that it could not open that library file. Mr. Adams' webiste has not been updated for the second edition and I was wondering if anyone had an idea what I'm missing? Thanks
IFooBar
IFooBar
the library you need to link to is d3dxof.lib
[size=2]aliak.net
garbled
garbled
Thanks. It works. Bwahaha.

That problem was bugging me all weekend.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.