Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Converting 3D Mesh Files

Started by TThirion Apr 20, 2005 at 3:36 PM 2 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
TThirion
TThirion
I need to convert 3D polygonal models in .ply format to .3ds format. I don't want to pay for software; I just need to do it for about half a dozen models. I've tried the latest release of "3D Object Converter" but the output 3DS are degenerate. Does anyone know of any packages/utilities that are free that can do this? Thanks, TT
TThirion
TThirion
This is a lost cause I take it?
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Quote:
Original post by TThirion
This is a lost cause I take it?


Well I never heard of that format before, but I did find this on the format. So the way I see it you have two chocies, either use docs on the .3ds file format and make your own little converter or find a way to export the .ply files to something like .raw (raw data) and import that into 3DSMax. Along the last suggestion, see if you can find another format that you could export .ply from that 3dsmax can load as well.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.