Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Neural Networks Game Engines

Started by OklyDokly Apr 23, 2005 at 6:03 AM 1 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
OklyDokly
OklyDokly
Does anyone know if there are any commercial middleware engines out there to allow a games developer to quickly set up a neural network for its games' requirments? If not, do you think such an engine would take off in the market today?
wyrzy
wyrzy
DirectIA (http://www.directia.com/) may have what you're looking for. Unlike Physics SDKs, I've heard it wasn't too successful because the AI used for most games is unique, and one "general solution" will not work very well for every given type of game.

I haven't actually used it myself though.
Illco
Illco
I think there would be not much market for a ANN-only package commercially available. It is not very difficult to set something like that up, so the cost would have to be really low before the benefit of bringing in COTS outweighs the cost of developing a workable solution internally.

Greetz,

Illco

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.