Original Post
I'm working on a chatbot that uses an ANN to "learn" how to correlate words. Here is the basic idea, which I'm sure is pretty old: You enter a "teaching" phrase, like "warsaw is the capital of poland", from which it discards all but the nouns, to get "warsaw capital poland". It then links these "word nodes" together. From then on, if you asked it something like "what is the capital of poland?" it would spit out "warsaw" because that is more and more closely linked to "poland" than say, "washington, DC" or "london" would be, even if you had entered those. Basically, from your question, it would get "capital" and "poland". It could start with either. If it started with "poland", poland is linked with "capital", which is linked with "warsaw". "warsaw" is linked to "poland", so it has completed what I call a "circuit" of 2 nodes away from it. Since this is the best (closest or smallest) circuit, it uses that. Do you think this is viable? Thanks.