3D/2D Artist for hire- 18 years of industry experience

Started by
6 comments, last by JJacobo 19 years ago
Hello all, here's my "professional pitch", I am an industry veteran of 18 years, having worked on many awardwinning titles, such as the Elder Scrolls Series and Dark Age of Camelot. I'm experienced in all form of content creation, from pixel art, through low and high polygon modeling, texture mapping, character design, animations and level design. I have shipped over 20 game titles, including numerous hits, widely recognized for excellence in artwork and animation, winning numerous awards. For over half that time I have worked freelance, and have in that capacity, consistently proved that I'm able to deliver on time and to the highest quality. I also have an online portfolio of more of my work at www.mjonesgraphics.com and can send more samples on request. Some direct URLs for my most recent 3D work can be found below http://users.adelphia.net/~mjonesgraphics/daoc.html http://users.adelphia.net/~mjonesgraphics/tribunal.html and my 2D PIXEL work can be found here, http://users.adelphia.net/~mjonesgraphics/darkmere.html http://users.adelphia.net/~mjonesgraphics/rubicon.html Okay, now that the "professional" bit's out of the way, I'd like to mention that I'm looking for freelance at present. I'm based in Maryland, USA. And I charge by the job, not by the hour. And, I smell nice. ;) Mark Jones freelance artist www.mjonesgraphics.com[ [Edited by - mjonesgraphics on May 4, 2005 7:54:40 AM]
Advertisement
Semi-scary that with experience like that, that you may (assumingly) have trouble finding work.

I really hope someone picks you up (*shout out for Arkanoid*). And good luck in your search! Quite an impressive portfolio.
Hello,

I'm very glad to see some quality art and an experienced artist on this forum.

I'd like to comment on the post though.
You let people know that you are experienced, good, show your works, awake intrest and then.. nothing, sudden stop.
I think you should mention of what are you looking for- type of work/position you prefere, slight idea of rates(18 years scares people), freelance or is fulltime also considerable, how to contact you without looking up on web, etc.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Yuri
-----------------------------------
CG art portfolio: juri.sj3d.com
Quote:Original post by necreia
Semi-scary that with experience like that, that you may (assumingly) have trouble finding work.

I really hope someone picks you up (*shout out for Arkanoid*). And good luck in your search! Quite an impressive portfolio.

Really? I'm overqualified?

:(

so that's why no-one wants to work with me?

Mark.
Hi Mjones,

I just wanted to drop you a few lines and say great works. I also wanted to ask if you would mind if I emailed you with some questions about your previous employments. I loved Dark Age of Camelot during the time I played it. It is great to hear that the guys behind the pencil for such large games visit us here. Some times those projects seem larger than life. Anyhow, I would like to gain some knowledge from you if you do not mind the brain picking.:)

Also, this isn't alot of help, but if I find anyone in need of your skills, I will drop your name and email into the conversation. Have a great day.
3d Artist / Writer/ Concept DesignerSector 13 http://WWW.Reactorinteractive.net[email=TGann@ReactorInteractive.net]TGann@ReactorInteractive.net[/email] Phone- 1.352.621.9831
Quote:Original post by df2wolf
Hello,

I'm very glad to see some quality art and an experienced artist on this forum.

I'd like to comment on the post though.
You let people know that you are experienced, good, show your works, awake intrest and then.. nothing, sudden stop.
I think you should mention of what are you looking for- type of work/position you prefere, slight idea of rates(18 years scares people), freelance or is fulltime also considerable, how to contact you without looking up on web, etc.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Kind regards,
Yuri

I wanted to leave everyone with a sense of the warm and fuzzies?

No? :)

Okay, I started in the industry at 18, so I'm not ancient, just old. ;)
I am looking for freelance at the present time, and my rates have always been lower than they should be, just so I can gaurantee work coming in. I charge by the job, and while I don't work for free I beleive I'm competitive. I do this job because I love the work, not the money.

Which is good, beacuse there's not a lot of money in it! LOL

Didn't want to scare anyone off! If you need to contact me you leave a PM on this site, or my email is :mjonesgraphics@adelphia.net

Better?

Less scary now?

I smell nice too! :)

Mark.
Quote:Original post by Sledge Hammer Productions
Hi Mjones,

I just wanted to drop you a few lines and say great works. I also wanted to ask if you would mind if I emailed you with some questions about your previous employments. I loved Dark Age of Camelot during the time I played it. It is great to hear that the guys behind the pencil for such large games visit us here. Some times those projects seem larger than life. Anyhow, I would like to gain some knowledge from you if you do not mind the brain picking.:)

Also, this isn't alot of help, but if I find anyone in need of your skills, I will drop your name and email into the conversation. Have a great day.

I can be contacted at
mjonesgraphics@adelphia.net

Thanks!
Mr.Jones,
You're exactly the type of artist we're looking for at present, for our MMORPG that we have in the works. We're currently putting together a creative team for funding reasons, and we've got a couple other professionals with similar fields of expertise as yours (some with experience from projects such as Guild Wars and Ultima Online.) I'm not sure if you're only looking for quicker, one-shot job oppurtunities currently, but I will contact you regarding the details our our project. Thank you, and it's great to hear that professionals such as yourself visit these forums.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement