Original Post
Hi, im writing a single-player, text-based RPG in C++ using Visual c++ 6, in the console(?). I just started learning c++ last semester, where i had a class on it. The professor didnt know that much himself, but i learned a little on my own. I was looking for a few tips on how i should write classes and stuff like that, and how i should go about doing a game loop. Perhaps I should explain a little more about my game. It will be an RPG, room-based, where you can either type north east south west to go to different rooms, score to look at your character sheet, look to look at the room description and exits and any npcs that might be there. I want you to be able to pick up weapons and armor from npc's and equip them and be able to use their different damages and armor classes. So, any help with this would be appreciated. If you include code, i will write back explaining which parts i understand and which I need explained a little. I also had a question about pointers. I know what they are, and what they do, but i dont understand why you would use them, or HOW you would use them. I know that they point to a variables memory address, but not much more about them. Thank you for your time and help, and for reading this.