Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Anyone has GameEngine.h

Started by Gamesmaster3 May 19, 2005 at 10:57 PM 6 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
Gamesmaster3
Gamesmaster3
I have the book Teach Yourself Game Programming in 24 hours.I have been working on the second assignment which is to make a rudimentary game engine.Apparently the program needs a header file GameEngine.h but I have lost my CD that contains that file.And unlike the first assignment where all the files were in the book and the cd this one isn't anywhere in the book.If anyone has this part of the program could you please help me?I need it to finish up the second project.
Rob Loach
Rob Loach
Sometimes the publisher puts the source files on their website, you might want to check at the back of the book somewhere for that URL.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [
Gamesmaster3
Gamesmaster3
Thanks for the reply.I did go to the Sams Publishing website but they pretty much repeated the chapter verbatim without giving out the Game Engine.h source code.I figured with so many programmers that at least one of you probally had the book and went through the same exercise before.I written Sam's but they pretty much tell me one of the things I need is the original receipt and saying I had this book for a couple of months now I just don't have it any more.
ender_341
ender_341
I have the disk somewhere (I think i may have left it at school), but when i find it ill upload the file for you.


[Edit]
I found the book under the seat in my car
http://home.comcast.net/~ender_341/GameEngine.h
http://home.comcast.net/~ender_341/GameEngine.cpp
-Matt S.
Gamesmaster3
Gamesmaster3
THANKS ALOT ENDER!!!I really do appreciate this.I hope that this will be
the only one like this in the book.I'm going to that website right away!
Sh8key
Sh8key
Hi

I have the same book by Michael Morrison. If you still need the GameLibrary.h header file I can email it to you just drop me a message and let me know

Sh8key
jjcosgrove
jjcosgrove
lol... google is your friend.

http://www.michaelmorrison.com/cbook_tygp24.html
Gamesmaster3
Gamesmaster3
Yeah I found Michael Morrison's site later when I had some questions and I wanted to find his email.You know go straight to the source.The man's email was impossible to find but I did find his website.It surprised the he** out of me.It was so blantantly simple I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.