Original Post
🔒 Locked
Wanted: WebDesigners/Artists/PHP-mySQL Programmers
Advertisement
Sorry, I havent logged on to GameDev in a long while. Just noticed the new 'format policy'. In addition here it is:
Team name:
Not a team, just a project. RikuPets
Project name:
RikuPets
Brief description:
RikuPets is a brand new idea and is already in production. It has been for the past day. We need staff though in order to keep the production going smoothly.
Target aim:
We plan to keep RikuPets free, but when and if we get big, offer merchandising, donations etc.
Compensation:
At the moment everything is volunteer work. Unless there is a profit, I plan on purchasing a domain name after BETA release, or during. So we will all be in the same boat. :P
Technology:
Photoshop, PSP 8-9
Talent needed:
*Look at above post*
Team structure:
I recently joined up with someone who will be the Co-Owner of sorts. I do logo graphics, as well as story, programming, and moderation. Basically the director. I know a little bit in every field.
Website:
RikuPets Design Document Page (PDF and Doc)
Contacts:
support@rikupets.1rebelhost.com
*Messenger contacts above post*
Additional Info:
The Game Design Document is at the website link. PDF format recommended. :)
[Edited by - OffDaHizzleN on May 31, 2005 8:03:34 PM]
Team name:
Not a team, just a project. RikuPets
Project name:
RikuPets
Brief description:
RikuPets is a brand new idea and is already in production. It has been for the past day. We need staff though in order to keep the production going smoothly.
Target aim:
We plan to keep RikuPets free, but when and if we get big, offer merchandising, donations etc.
Compensation:
At the moment everything is volunteer work. Unless there is a profit, I plan on purchasing a domain name after BETA release, or during. So we will all be in the same boat. :P
Technology:
Photoshop, PSP 8-9
Talent needed:
*Look at above post*
Team structure:
I recently joined up with someone who will be the Co-Owner of sorts. I do logo graphics, as well as story, programming, and moderation. Basically the director. I know a little bit in every field.
Website:
RikuPets Design Document Page (PDF and Doc)
Contacts:
support@rikupets.1rebelhost.com
*Messenger contacts above post*
Additional Info:
The Game Design Document is at the website link. PDF format recommended. :)
[Edited by - OffDaHizzleN on May 31, 2005 8:03:34 PM]
*bump* We still need artists definetly. Another PHP coder would be good.
The BETA version of RikuPets is done, atleast visually. Some scripts are finished, Login/Logout/Register and the News Management are both done. Everything is going smoothly, but we need artists in order for the site to flourish. :) I believe we have a web designer, but I can't seem to get in contact with him anymore. If you're a web designer feel free to contact me so I can let you know If we need you or not.
[Edited by - OffDaHizzleN on May 30, 2005 10:49:12 AM]
Updates:
The BETA version of RikuPets is done, atleast visually. Some scripts are finished, Login/Logout/Register and the News Management are both done. Everything is going smoothly, but we need artists in order for the site to flourish. :) I believe we have a web designer, but I can't seem to get in contact with him anymore. If you're a web designer feel free to contact me so I can let you know If we need you or not.
[Edited by - OffDaHizzleN on May 30, 2005 10:49:12 AM]
Another Update
*A bump in disguise...*
We recently totally finished all login/register/logout scripts. All pages are being added so that you don't get a 404 error. The forums are halfway done and should be close to done by the end of tommorow. The userlookup code is pretty much done, and the Mailing feature will be started tommorow, and most likely finished the same day! Everything seems to be happening pretty fast.
The only hurtle, is we have no artists at the moment. This is a very beneficial position. You'll get exposure on your work, and probably potential deals. Please contact me if you are interested, we could really use your help.
We also are still looking for a Web Designer. Although it is not required at the moment, we do need one to start working on the site design. :)
Also, if anyone has any comments about the site, please feel free to post them. *Put's on flame retardent jumpsuit* :P
It's a very nice layout. Easy on the eyes! The only thing I would recommend changing would be to increase the size of the text on the horizontal nav. bar, it's kind of hard to read. Oh, and nice logo too.
Yes! LIFE! And, yeah, that was the next thing I was going to do. Im gonna add some CSS styling, etc. Yeah, the site design is the way it is so that its easier to develop. You've got a header and a footer, and it makes it so much easier, atleast I think. I appreciate the comment, thanks! :D
*bump*
We recently registered four domain names. rikupets.com rikupets.net rikupets.biz and rikupets.info. All will (should) be online by Thursday or Friday.
We now need to start recruiting flash game programmers and designers. You must have some experiance in the field. Development is going three times as fast as I thought it would. Our on-site mailing system is now completed, it's called RikuMAIL. The RikuPAL feature is currently being finished up. The forum should be done either by tommmorow or the day after.
We haven't had any applicants for the artist position. This is a chance to get exposure on your work. We really do need you. It is now required for us to go much further in the programming field.
The web designer I was recently speaking to hadn't figured out this was a volunteer position. Everybody is volunteering, so you're not alone. Were all in the same boat like I said before. We really need a web designer in order to release the BETA.
HUGE Update
We recently registered four domain names. rikupets.com rikupets.net rikupets.biz and rikupets.info. All will (should) be online by Thursday or Friday.
Flash Game Programmers/Designers Wanted!
We now need to start recruiting flash game programmers and designers. You must have some experiance in the field. Development is going three times as fast as I thought it would. Our on-site mailing system is now completed, it's called RikuMAIL. The RikuPAL feature is currently being finished up. The forum should be done either by tommmorow or the day after.
Artists - We still need YOU
We haven't had any applicants for the artist position. This is a chance to get exposure on your work. We really do need you. It is now required for us to go much further in the programming field.
Web Site Designers - Still wanted
The web designer I was recently speaking to hadn't figured out this was a volunteer position. Everybody is volunteering, so you're not alone. Were all in the same boat like I said before. We really need a web designer in order to release the BETA.
hello, i want to join this project of yours. i am a literate at FrontPage 2000, HTML, and a little in Flash 5 (currently self-teaching). e-mail me at mf_jober@50-50.com
DOMAIN IS UP!
It was weird timing too.. One second it wasn't working, then it started the next. Ah well. Good news is, all four domains are up and working! MF_Jober, I will email you in the next few minutes. Sorry for the sluggish reply.
We still need probably one more flash programmer, one more PHP Programmer if possible, and we still need artists! Let me know..
-Nick
Topic Locked
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
Sign in to reply to this topic.
Advertisement