Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked 🤖 Godot

More College Crap

Started by ubergeek-iceman Jun 6, 2005 at 2:42 PM 2 replies 600+ views
Original Post
ubergeek-iceman
ubergeek-iceman
So, I'm going for a BS in Compy Science. I checked into it and there are a number of local schools that offer it. My question is should I pay the extra $6k to go to a big name in technology like Carnegie Mellon or should I stay with Pitt or some place like California University? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
------------------------------Carpe Noctem - You'll get all the sleep you need when you're dead
aaroncox1234
aaroncox1234
The main thing I think you should be looking for is the quality of their internship program. I go to a school with a fairly solid internship program and I'm working right now at an amazing company. The experience you'll get over the summers will make your career.

If a bigger school is more expensive but more companies hire their students in the summers, it'll be so, so worth it.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
JohnBolton
JohnBolton
Get the best education you can afford.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.