Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Beginners Luck....

Started by tcrock Jun 7, 2005 at 3:05 PM 61 replies 9.9k views
Original Post
tcrock
tcrock
Hello everyone, I am a beginning programmer (in the process if learning C++) I am planning on making games this summer and would like some help in doing so! So I wanted to know if any other beginners would like to team up with me and work on releasing a couple of games! Team name: None yet once I get people willing to join we can create one Project name: Undecided also Brief description: My plan is to give myself and others some experience with game programming and designing Target aim: Our is to create a freeware game that is very enjoyable to all Compensation: You will get experience in making games and working with a team! Technology: The game will be made using C++, and will be 2-D, other than that, whatever the member us comfortabke with! Talent needed: All posistions are needed, from beginners up. Project Info I am a programmer and the designer Additional Info: I hope people are interested, if your are then either post in this thread or feel free to pm me! Once we get a couple of people to join we will begin discussing the diffrent aspects of the game and tasks! Thanks for your time Any Help is appreciated
50-50_kickflipper
50-50_kickflipper
hey, if you need 3D modellers, i can be one. if not, i'll try 2D artist. i am a beginner at each. PM me for confirmation and team status. thanks
rpg_code_master
rpg_code_master
Hey, you should create a game that mixes Pong, Snake, Breakout, Space Invaders and PacMan all into one. If you do that well and make it a fun game, I will be SO impressed.
50-50_kickflipper
50-50_kickflipper
well, i can be both. besides, i need experience. e-mail me at 50-50_kickflipper@50-50.com in case you want to. he he. i can also give my sample 3d models. just give me your e-mail...
tcrock
tcrock
Anyone else interested in this experience learning process?? :)
All you need is a little knowledge of whatever posistion you want!

We would love to have you!!
Thanks
M__N__M
M__N__M
Don't think starting your own team at this level of experience could be useful. but you could check some of the beginner teams that started up here too instead of being all alone. Look back in the previous few pages and you should see one or 2 groups.
oversoul_x3
oversoul_x3
hey wassup. i want to be part of this team. i can be both 2d and 3d modelling jobs. 50-50_kickflipper is my brother's username, but he got banned. then he told me to join this team because i also am a beginner in photoshop and alias maya 6 ple. please feel free to post or send a pm to me. thank you.
tcrock
tcrock
Quote:
Original post by M__N__M
Don't think starting your own team at this level of experience could be useful. but you could check some of the beginner teams that started up here too instead of being all alone. Look back in the previous few pages and you should see one or 2 groups.


Why do you think we can't not learn anything
I know I will learn many useful things especially how to work with a team!
But thanks for the suggestion! ;)

tcrock
tcrock
upping
DirectXFreak
DirectXFreak
Why is it that everyone who volunteered to be on the project is now banned? O_O
--m_nPostCount++
tcrock
tcrock
Quote:
Original post by DirectXFreak
Why is it that everyone who volunteered to be on the project is now banned? O_O


LOL
because its the same person!
But anyone else who wants to join feel free
As of now we have:
2 programmers
and are lookin for anyhting we can get hopefully soon, some artist and some with a little music knowledge!

Thanks to all
M__N__M
M__N__M
Quote:
Why do you think we can't not learn anything
I know I will learn many useful things especially how to work with a team!

I didn't mean this in an offensive way. I know you can learn alot from a team. But by joining one of the other beginner teams you'll get started alot faster :P. A large team is better then many small ones I believe, and you can get alot more done ;)
DLT_Chief
DLT_Chief
hey hey!!,
im an intermediate C++ programmer who is interested in joining a team, ive just started at graphics programming with SDL, and have made simple games like Pong, tic tac toe , and Minesweeper.
etiger13
etiger13
I'll join. i'm just getting started too but let me know what you need help with and i'll see what i can do.
Hope for Everything, Expect Nothing
maxalba
maxalba
Build team skills first.

PS: If I have been helpful or friendly, please rate me positively.
Imports615
Imports615
I am very interested in joining your team. I can do 2D graphics, website design, game menu/interface, website design, and logos/banners. Im also starting to learn 3D graphics and programming but Im definitly not ready to try to make a game with my programming and 3D graphics skills. Im also a pretty creative person and I can help come up with some good ideas. Right now this is just a hobby for me but some time in the distant future I may look to make some money off of it. Anyways email me at imports615@hotmail.com if you want me on the team.
LoXodonte
LoXodonte
Hello tcrock, your musician/audio techy has arrived! I mainly do audio but I know my way around Photoshop pretty well, so I may be able to help ya their too.

Not sure what you have in mind for 2d games, but their is a point and click shooting game that is very popular among "l33t" players looking to fine tune their reflex's. The game being appropriately called, "Reflex".

I suggest you give it a try, it's free.

http://www.intelore.com/reflex_game.php

It's simple, but with a ton of potential. I've personally wondered what would happen if you took this game and made it multiplayer. Heh, I'm having a lot of ideas for this. It's pretty plain jane now, but with some flashy gfx and exciting audio we could make it very arcady. Just a suggestion. :)

You can find me on AIM screen name LoXodonte1

tcrock
tcrock
WOW!!
I am surprised by all the help and talent I have recieved!
Right now I am brushing up on my own C++ skills and we will begin workin on the project around the end of this month beginning no later than the first week of July!
So for right now it you have any work you have previously done I would love to check it out (Not required just used to gauge what we have!)

If you have any ideas for a game concept that you would like to create I would love to hear from you so PM your ideas!
I also have my own ideas but I want you to have some input also!

Thanks
Look forward to working with all of you!
Check back in here because this is where I will post all updates


Once again,
Thanks for all the help ;)

tcrock
tcrock
Can everyone that plans to be in this send me a PM letting me know your time zone?

This is so we can set up a meeting once you send this to me I will reply telling you how we will carry out these meetings once the sow gets on the road!

As of now (Unless someone disagrees)
Team Name:
Beginner's Luck

My Concept Idea was something that will be enjoyable such as a fighter game
I was thinking a 2D main character in a 3D enviroment
But this all depends upon the talent level and amount of people we get!

Thanks
Look forward to learning and working with everyone!

~Beginner's Luck~

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.