Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

gimp question

Started by jmg5 Jun 9, 2005 at 8:04 PM 2 replies 850+ views
Original Post
jmg5
jmg5
How can I antialias with the gimp? I imported a pallete of colors to a black and white picture, and I want to antialias it! A cookie to whoever can figure out what the hell i'm talking about.
AsOne
AsOne
Try using some of the filters, I think there is one to soften edges. If not then you could use some blur effects as Raduprv mentioned.
smart_idiot
smart_idiot
Blurring isn't the same as antialiasing, but I don't think you'll be able to do any better unless you take a large source image and reduce it.

One trick might be to convert it to RGB, use select region by color, click on something black, selection to path, path to selection, create a new white layer, set flood fill to fill then entire selection, and fill it in black. This will probably create a horrible mess if your image uses dithering, though, or you have really thin lines.

Example:



On one hand it introduces some artifacts of its own, but on the other, it isn't blurry.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.