Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[java] determining the optimal bitrate

Started by Eskhan Jul 11, 2005 at 6:46 AM 0 replies 500+ views
Original Post
Eskhan
Eskhan
Hi In my program I transmit h.263 video from a computer to another, I would like to get the best quality possible for this so I would like to set my bitrate to a value that is as large as possible. How can I determine how large bitrate I can transmit at between these two computers programatically?
--------------------Though this program be madness, yet there is a method in't
Son of Cain
Son of Cain
Give us a little more background...

What's the hardware you're using? (for data transmission)
Any specific API for the task?
Any specific pattern of measure?
What are the limits you have to respect?
Do you have to deal with latency?

Son Of Cain
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.