Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

d3dx9_26.dll

Started by IlyaZ Jul 18, 2005 at 8:27 AM 5 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
IlyaZ
IlyaZ
If I test some of my project .exes on a comp without the sdk. I get a messagebox telling me something like this: "d3dx9_26.dll missing". How do I get the projects (.exes) to work on other comps? Something I got to change in the properties? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance, IlyaZ
hunta
hunta
Simply provide the "d3dx9_26.dll" with your exectuable :-).
Kirsten
Kirsten
I had the same problem before... Install DirectX redist from your SDK.. or put d3dx9_26.dll in application path.
Drakex
Drakex
It's illegal to redistribute the d3dx9_26.dll with your program as per the DirectX EULA. You must provide a link to the DirectX update site. Besides, it's not asking too much of the people who download it - if they already have DX9, the update to June 2005 isn't that big.
___________Hoo-rah.
DrGUI
DrGUI
Yeeees but 4 or 5 months ago I didn't have the internet on my computer (it was on another) and I'm sure that most users would sadly just get stuck, complain and demand their money back if my game did that :(
mdias
mdias
Take a look at this page to know how to build a installer that only installs d3dx9_xx dlls.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.