Original Post
I have recently started GLSL and I have a few questions 1) I have some fragment shaders which do some image processing stuff and run at 45 fps. However when i use a pbuffer to do all the image processing instead of directly doing it on the framebuffer, my fps drops to 21 fps. 2) I have a 6800 GT which has a fillrate of 2900MPixels/sec. However my image processing program which essentially computes a 5 point gaussian average for many iterations, has fillrate of roughly 290MPixels/sec. Is it ok or is there something really wrong with my program 3) Is Cg much faster than GLSL 4) My GPU has 16 pipelines, is it possible to limit it to use only 4 so as to emulate an older GPU? 5) Are there ne manuals available for estimating the clock cycles of each gpu instructions Thanks a lot Shireesh