Original Post
Here I am, attempting to get Allegro to work and while I figured I was -SO- close, I still managed to get an error. -- I went to allegro.cc and downloaded the binary pack for VC7.0 (close enough to my version) -- I copied the files within INCLUDE and LIB over to my VC8 directory. -- I copied the allegro *.dll files (alleg40.dll, alld40.dll, allp40.dll) to my BIN dir in my VC8 Dir. -- I changed to Multithreaded Debug DLL -- I added alld.dll within 'Additional Dependencies' I have a little sample program to test to see if everything worked correctly. /* #define ALLEGRO_STATICLINK */ /* #define USE_CONSOLE */ #include "allegro.h" int main(void) { allegro_init(); allegro_message("Hello World"); return 0; } END_OF_MAIN() ... And here is the beloved output... Linking... MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup Debug\Allegro.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals ------------------------------------- I tried to change main(void) to main(int argc, char *argv[]) and I received this error the first time around. The second compile, said the same thing as the previous error. (unresolved external symbol.....) Any help will be extreamly appreciated. Thanks GD'ers
Compiling...
Newb.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\internal\alconfig.h(296) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\internal\alconfig.h(303) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(251) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(265) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(276) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(290) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(301) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(315) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(351) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned long *' of greater size
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(365) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned long' to 'unsigned long *' of greater size
Linking...