Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

starbucks

Started by mike74 Aug 6, 2005 at 3:26 AM 29 replies 7.5k views
Original Post
mike74
mike74
Does anyone know if you have to pay for Internet access at Starbucks? I'm thinking of buying a wireless notebook but I should figure this out first. Mike http://www.coolgroups.com/forum
Mike C.http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/http://www.coolgroups.com/ez/
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
I don't think so. Wireless Internet is usualy just a draw to get people in the store. But if you see 'powered by blue socket' anywhere, then run away, they are after your money.

Why starbucks though? Doesn't Caribou Coffee offer the same stuff? Their wireless is free for sure.
Programmer One
Programmer One
Yes. Starbucks is partnered with T-Mobile and you need to have a T-Mobile account or a pre-paid card in order to access the Internet at Starbucks.
mike74
mike74
What is Caribou Coffee, and where are they located?

Mike
http://www.coolgroups.com/forum
Mike C.http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/http://www.coolgroups.com/ez/
PsYcHoPrOg
PsYcHoPrOg
I think the only caribou coffee I've ever seen was way out in Montana. D:

In any case, I've gotten free wireless at Penera Bread. I guess if you're looking for a coffe place though that won't help too much.

[edit]Oddly enough, their website would suggest that they don't have any locations in Montana, but I was just there last week and I'm positive that I saw one. Hrm!
D:
mike74
mike74
You probably just saw a caribou drinking coffee.

Mike
http://www.coolgroups.com/forum
Mike C.http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/http://www.coolgroups.com/ez/
Strife
Strife
Starbucks???? Are you kidding me? The only reasonable excuse you have for going there is if you live in such a small town that there is no other coffee place for you to go to.
kSquared
kSquared
Quote:
Original post by Strife
Starbucks???? Are you kidding me? The only reasonable excuse you have for going there is if you live in such a small town that there is no other coffee place for you to go to.

That's not true. My reasonable excuse is that (a) it's in Barnes and Noble, (b) it's a nice place to sit down to read books that you have no intention of buying, and (c) they give you free samples!
- k2 "Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ<
Binomine
Binomine
Quote:
Original post by Strife
Starbucks???? Are you kidding me? The only reasonable excuse you have for going there is if you live in such a small town that there is no other coffee place for you to go to.
It's the starbucks paradox. No one likes their coffee, but they always seem to have enough money to open more and more locations.
Cipher3D
Cipher3D
What are you talking about? All my friends and I live on Starbucks, it's right across our high school and it's our breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner. Starbucks all the way. Sure, it might not be "real" coffee but it sure tastes good.
I eat heart attacks
Boris Karloff
Boris Karloff
You're not supposed to like Starbucks, you're supposed to loathe it and ridicule anyone who goes there because then you'll be different and interesting, just like everybody else.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
krikkit
krikkit
No, you're supposed to stand in line for half an hour every morning at starbucks instead of getting your coffee in minutes at a mom and pop bagel place, because its a status symbol.
Chokki
Chokki
eh, to me a coffee shop is a coffee shop. If a starbucks was right next to a caribou coffee and a generic mum and pop's coffee shop, i would probably just pick one at random. starbucks became trendy for a reason, now people want to become 'counter-culture' and say its horrible. To me the coffee there tastes like an coffee-shop's coffee, certainly not 'watered down for the masses.'
Quote: Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Ainokea
Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by Chokki
eh, to me a coffee shop is a coffee shop. If a starbucks was right next to a caribou coffee and a generic mum and pop's coffee shop, i would probably just pick one at random. starbucks became trendy for a reason, now people want to become 'counter-culture' and say its horrible. To me the coffee there tastes like an coffee-shop's coffee, certainly not 'watered down for the masses.'


I like their cofee but I still don't understand how their sizes work so I often order the wrong size and have to tell them sorry I meant to get the other size. Then it takes forever.
______________With the flesh of a cow.
Yosh
Yosh
Quote:
Original post by Cipher3D
What are you talking about? All my friends and I live on Starbucks, it's right across our high school and it's our breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner. Starbucks all the way. Sure, it might not be "real" coffee but it sure tastes good.

It's extremely overpriced, and that much coffee CAN'T be good for you.
________________________________"Fetch me a rope, lynch mob of one." - Randy Blythe, Lamb of God."The masses are asses." - Unkown.
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by Chokki
eh, to me a coffee shop is a coffee shop. If a starbucks was right next to a caribou coffee and a generic mum and pop's coffee shop, i would probably just pick one at random. starbucks became trendy for a reason, now people want to become 'counter-culture' and say its horrible. To me the coffee there tastes like an coffee-shop's coffee, certainly not 'watered down for the masses.'


I like their cofee but I still don't understand how their sizes work so I often order the wrong size and have to tell them sorry I meant to get the other size. Then it takes forever.


Ainokea
Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by PnP Bios
Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Quote:
Original post by Chokki
eh, to me a coffee shop is a coffee shop. If a starbucks was right next to a caribou coffee and a generic mum and pop's coffee shop, i would probably just pick one at random. starbucks became trendy for a reason, now people want to become 'counter-culture' and say its horrible. To me the coffee there tastes like an coffee-shop's coffee, certainly not 'watered down for the masses.'


I like their cofee but I still don't understand how their sizes work so I often order the wrong size and have to tell them sorry I meant to get the other size. Then it takes forever.


Questionable Contents comic

Yeah I was going to post that but I was to lazy.
______________With the flesh of a cow.
krikkit
krikkit
I absolutely hate this "lets invent a language so that the act of ordering something simple becomes a brand indentifier" crap.

One of the reasons I wont buy coldstone ice cream. You can not get me to honestly adopt a system of sizing called "Like It", "Love it", and "Gotta have it.". I mean come on, its the most blatant branding of product identification on your mentality you could ever hope for, and people are actually doing it.
TraderJack
TraderJack
So what? If you're going to buy it, buy it, and if you're not, don't. They're not playing insane mind-games, they're marketing, and if it works then good for them. And if it doesn't, how does that harm you in any way?

Quote:
Original post by Boris Karloff
You're not supposed to like Starbucks, you're supposed to loathe it and ridicule anyone who goes there because then you'll be different and interesting, just like everybody else.


Lol, thank you.

-IV
-IVHumble Student

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.