Original Post
Hi, I recently got the fblend library installed (if that's the correct term), with help from people on this message board. I can use this function to draw sprites to the screen: fblend_trans(sprite, buffer, x, y, 255); The problem is, it just draws the sprite solid (or the whole sprite translucent if I alter the final value). If I use the following Allegro routine, the sprite is drawn with the alpha layer. (I create the bitmaps in Photoshop, with an alpha layer, and export them as 32 bit TGA image files. They're RGBA images. And I know they're loading in as Allegro BITMAPs correctly as the Allegro routines below draw the alpha blended pixels correctly.) Here's the Allegro stuff, which works perfectly, but is too slow if I draw a lot of bitmaps: drawing_mode(DRAW_MODE_TRANS, NULL, 0, 0); set_alpha_blender(); draw_trans_sprite(buffer, sprite, x, y); First question, am I using the correct fblend function? I want to draw the bitmap so that it uses the alpha layer for the blending rather than say drawing the entire image translucent. Second question, do I have to 'set_alpha_blender' or any other such command? I've read the help files that come with fblend but they don't really seem to explain anything, certainly not in terms that I understand!