Original Post
I'm getting this unspecified error, which seems to happen maybe 40% or 50% of the time when Im fetching my pages from the server, but this doesnt seem to happen when I'm fetching them from file. Ive tracked down the error, it happens just after an onload event, and just before a timer event, set in the onload event. The error occurs during the browser's do-events time I beleive, but I dont think I've corrupted any memory or used up the stack space. And again, this happens maybe 50% of the time, so I can have errorless streaks, or I can have streaks of errors! My webpage only works in IE because I use screenTop/left property. I've written some code that concerns me, and could possibly be the source of the problem: ... window.pssc_getX=function(){ return x;} win.open( "pssc.html", winid, attributes ); ... then in pssc.html.onload: if( window.opener.pssc_getX != undefined ) x = window.opener.pssc_getX(); moveTo( x, y); setTimeout( finishLoad, 200 ); //an empty function ... end of function, error happens between here and finishLoad() Does anyone have experience with getting unspecified errors when using the window and window.opener like this? I've tried using MS Script debugger, which was really disfucntional, but breaks on a line that is normally not executed when the error occurs. Is what I'm doing with window/opener a hack, or is it desinged to be used this way?