Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

An Awesome List Of Free MMORPGS

Started by Gravite Sep 20, 2005 at 10:39 PM 28 replies 9.6k views
Original Post
Gravite
Gravite
Well people i spend a lot of time working on this and i hope all of u enjoy it =) i decided to make it on a website which make it a lot easy for people to see wat good game are and here is the site: http://www.gravite.tk Enjoy =)
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Clickified.

Nice job! Looks like quite a lot to choose from. What inspired you to put together this list?
Gravite
Gravite
to get respect and i really like to do this so there nothing to said ^^
MaulingMonkey
MaulingMonkey
Probably more on topic in the lounge, but cool nonetheless.
jbadams
jbadams
Quote:
Original post by MaulingMonkey
Probably more on topic in the lounge, but cool nonetheless.


Indeed. Nice list.

- Jason Astle-Adams
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
nice :)

btw: dint rose open beta ended few weeks ago?
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
ronnybrendel
ronnybrendel
what about a rating system?

there are so many nicely looking games ... but
i cant test em all :/

would be nice if someone points me to the real good ones :)
superpig
superpig
I'd be interested to see some 'average active players' numbers next to each of those.
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
roos
roos
Wow, very cool. Thanks for making this!
Binomine
Binomine
I don't believe Little Fighter 2, Soldat or America's Army qualifies as MMORPGs. They're online, but I don't believe they have a persitant world.

There should also be a way to naviage to the hopepage of a project from that project's screenshots.

Good work, it's great to see resources like this online.
Daaark
Daaark
Harvest Moon online? Heh. That'll last.

America's army can be said to be 'persistant', your account is tracked with your stats, and you have to train to ear your way into more weapons and levels, and you have an honor score.
the_dannobot
the_dannobot
Quote:
Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Harvest Moon online? Heh. That'll last.

That would be an awesome game, and I would totally be on board for that. However, I noticed some fine print on their website...
Quote:

Harvest Moon, all graphics on this site, and anything else we stole are copyrighted by Victor Entertainment. All rights reserved.

wtf? First of all, I am pretty sure that Harvest Moon is the IP of Natsume, not Victor Entertainment. Second, they obviously can't copyright anything they stole.
So in conclusion, you're probably right. If they don't have the right to the IP they are developing for, I predict a quick death for their game. Too bad.
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
Quote:
Original post by the_dannobot
Quote:
Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Harvest Moon online? Heh. That'll last.

That would be an awesome game, and I would totally be on board for that. However, I noticed some fine print on their website...
Quote:

Harvest Moon, all graphics on this site, and anything else we stole are copyrighted by Victor Entertainment. All rights reserved.

wtf? First of all, I am pretty sure that Harvest Moon is the IP of Natsume, not Victor Entertainment. Second, they obviously can't copyright anything they stole.
So in conclusion, you're probably right. If they don't have the right to the IP they are developing for, I predict a quick death for their game. Too bad.


uh no, i really dont know, but a little search shows that Victor Entertainment and natsume seems to be onlu publisher while the game was developed by something called "marvelous" with some other being developed by other companies(there sone by rare O_O)
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
the_dannobot
the_dannobot
Quote:
Original post by The Alchemist
uh no

No what? No, Harvest Moon isn't fun? Or no, they do own the Harvest Moon IP and their game won't be shut down?
Edit: Yeah, it looks like you are right. Harvest Moon was developed by Victor Entertainment, but the way they word their copyright notice makes it sound like it isn't an official Harvest Moon game.
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
sorry i had posted without typing the whole thing by acident
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
Rixter
Rixter
Wow, that is awesome. Wish I had more time, but I may check some of those out anyway, not having to google for "free mmorpg" certainly saves some time :), thanks!
Kevinator
Kevinator
The art in Monster and Me looks fantastic! Just look at those screenshots!
necreia
necreia
Cronous's interface is very very similar to Diablo.

Great list!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.