Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Eclipse with EclipseME vs NetBeans with mobility pack

Started by mbosticky Sep 27, 2005 at 4:11 AM 2 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
mbosticky
mbosticky
Of these two environments which one is better for developing games for mobiles? Eclipse with EclipseME or NetBeans with mobility pack? I have read an article recently (but can't remember where anymore) where developers have chosen NetBeans instead of Eclipse because they said the compatibility issues were taken care of more easily in NetBeans. Cheers dudes, Martin.
shmoove
shmoove
Netbeans seems to have more features, while Eclipse is a little bit nicer on a weaker computer.

shmoove
Blew
Blew
I have been using Netbeans at work for some time now, and I can't stand it anymore. Too much resource consuming (and I have a good computer). Big projects just keep hanging my machine, even when i'm just doing text (code) editing.

I've installed eclipse now and gave it a try. Wonderful. Nicer interface and much, much faster. J2ME integration is really easy and straightforward. My next projects will be done in eclipse from now on (until i'm sick of it - i get sick of Java IDEs real fast, i wonder why). Also, there are lots of plugins for eclipse, so if you need some extra features you can possibly get them.

But, bottom line, you should try them both and decide for yourself, of course. :)
blew

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.