Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Halloween Costume Ideas

Started by stylin Oct 1, 2005 at 2:04 AM 35 replies 6.8k views
Original Post
stylin
stylin
Devil's Night is nearly upon us, and I was wondering what I might be seeing come 10/31. I absolutely abhor passing out candy, and I haven't gotten dressed up in a few years. I've been thinking of going around town as Archvile, as the new Doom movie has got my nostalgia kicked up a few notches. If you're dressing up this Hallow’s Eve, what will you be mascarading as?
:stylin: "Make games, not war." "...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Mushu
Mushu
I haven't decided yet, but I presume that I'm probably going to a party of some sort. I might go as a ninja/samurai. I'll have to get a nice cardboard sword to swing around, since all the ones we normally use in the dorm have been worn down to dagger-length. I've had to downgrade twice, once from longsword (cardboard strut) to dagger/buckler (broken strut, cardboard box), and now to a morning star (socks tied together). It gets fucking violent in here, you'd be suprised how much damage 3-4 pairs of socks can do at high velocity.

Not nearly as much as someone swinging those heavy struts, but then again I can usually use the sock whip to snag + disarm [lol]

Kind of hard to block projectiles with the whip though...
aaron_ds
aaron_ds
Talk Like a Pirate Day really inspired me.
I may go with the whole pirate gig. Rrrr.

Mushu: on October 31st we will be sworn enemies. (But only for a day) [smile]
Programmer One
Programmer One
I'll be dressed up as a California Highway Patrol officer. Girlfriend will be dressed up like an Egyptian Queen of some sort.

I'm pretty sure I will also have to get some handcuffs for...uh...the costume. Yeah.
stylin
stylin
Quote:
Original post by Mushu
... you'd be suprised how much damage 3-4 pairs of socks can do at high velocity.

I can imagine - especially if they're not clean ...
:stylin: "Make games, not war." "...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Toolmaker
Toolmaker
Well, if you're going to be dressed up like some monster from Doom, make sure to set fire to yourself, as burning monsters are always cooler than non-burning ones.

Or, go see a local butcher and get some intestines and attach it to your belly area. It sure must look fucking scary if you have intestines hanging around over the place :P

Toolmaker
 
tHiSiSbOb
tHiSiSbOb
Buckethead for me.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
stylin
stylin
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
Well, if you're going to be dressed up like some monster from Doom, make sure to set fire to yourself, as burning monsters are always cooler than non-burning ones.

Man, if I had the balls I'd do it for a picture. Actually, I'd probably do it if reasonably compensated ... [grin]
:stylin: "Make games, not war." "...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
BobV
BobV
Quote:
Original post by stylin
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker
Well, if you're going to be dressed up like some monster from Doom, make sure to set fire to yourself, as burning monsters are always cooler than non-burning ones.

Man, if I had the balls I'd do it for a picture. Actually, I'd probably do it if reasonably compensated ... [grin]


That's almost like the kid who jumped out of his car while driving to make a "cool" video. He died too.
Salsa
Salsa
I'm dressing up as Guts (Gatsu if you must).

Kult House - Fresh Production Media
Luckless
Luckless
if I do, I have a full shirt of maille armour, and I can crank out a barrel helm in a day or two, and I can go as a crusader!
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
AnonymousPosterChild
AnonymousPosterChild
I'm going to dress up as a tourist.

Basically, I'll be wearing the same clothes as normal, but I'll be taking pictures of random crap.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
perfectly_dark
perfectly_dark
Just get a giant rubber glove and go as Fruny :P That oughta scare the younglings straight
nprz
nprz
Quote:
Original post by Salsa
I'm dressing up as Guts (Gatsu if you must).



Where are you getting that sword?
I wonder how much it would weigh if it was pure steel.

Which gatsu? The young one with both arms, or are you going to have a cannon on your left arm? [smile]
capn_midnight
capn_midnight
I'm going to dress as Princess Morning from Morning's Wrath...

but seriously, haven't decided yet. I think I might try a Scottish Highland Warrior getup or maybe a Spartan Warrior, they're pretty similar. The problem is, kilts are freaking expensive, a good one easily runs $300USD.

I wouldn't weild a shield and rapier, though. Just a claymore.


The sword is wrong and there's not enough red, but meh.
fisheyel83l
fisheyel83l
Last Year:


This year:


I have a chinchilla that I'm going to somehow dye yellow and black.
Tolerance is a drug. Sycophancy is a disease.
Oberon_Command
Oberon_Command
If I can, I'll try to be something from StarCraft. Maybe like a Hydralisk or something... Any ideas on how to make a Hydralisk costume?
ArchWizard
ArchWizard
I suppose I could dress as Squall Leonhart. I have the clothes, I have lots of brown hair, I have the necklace, and I can squint all the time. All I need to do is give myself a badass scar and I'm ready!
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.