Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[.net] Buttons and Icons, and XML

Started by Ced1 Oct 21, 2005 at 7:18 PM 1 replies 950+ views
Original Post
Ced1
Ced1
OH MY! Erm. A few question, first the easy one, where is a good place to learn about parsing XML files in C# ? Just cant seem to get the hang of it on my own, a few good XML tutorial resources would be nice too, I'm only a little familiar with the markup and I dont know much about DTDs or Schemas. Next one(Totally OT) is about loading standard buttons and Icons (like in shell32.dll) using C#. I figured there must be some specific IDs or something(like IDI_WINLOGO, or the normal folder/open/save icons on toolbars) for loading standard buttons and icons in Win32 that I could use to import into C#. I hope you understand what I mean, just say so if I need to try and make myself clearer. Thanks, Ced
Rob Loach
Rob Loach
Well, what are you trying to do with the XML? If you're looking for configuration files, .NET has a very nice AppSettings class that will handle the config for your application. There's a nice wrapper for it here.

Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [
Ced1
Ced1
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
Well, what are you trying to do with the XML? If you're looking for configuration files, .NET has a very nice AppSettings class that will handle the config for your application. There's a nice wrapper for it here.


Haha I didn't say did I, wanted to do config and more-so learn to write a schema and parse it with the classes in the System.Xml namespace. More specifically I'm porting an old program of mine used to change wallpapers, and save your favorite ones and stuff. I want to write out the favorite wallpapers(into categories if the user desires) along with display preferences(stretched, centered, etc.) to an XML file and be able read em back.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.